PDA

View Full Version : bring your own diapers?

kgoulash
05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
we're still on the fence whether to fly or drive, but if we fly luggage becomes a bit of an issue, since we'll be traveling with an infant, should we pack diapers (enough for 11/12 days) or would it be cheap enough to just buy them (at the local publix NOT within the parks!)
just wondering what others have done
thanks again
:mickey:

KylesMom
05-03-2011, 10:35 AM
It's been a long time (2000, to be exact), but we brought our own diapers & wipes. When our supply was exhausted, we had enough room in the suitcase to get the souvenirs home! :mickey:

DisneyMom12
05-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I had them delivered to my room, along with baby food and water from Garden Grocer.

Mickey'sGirl
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
We took them in our luggage, and then, like Carol, had extra space in our suitcase for souveniers! I think we only flew once when we took diapers, however. Most of the time we drove and had our own car, so space was not an issue. If you have the means to get out to a Publix or a pharmacy, I can't see it being a big issue for you.

DizneyRox
05-03-2011, 11:20 AM
I found it's kindof a guessing game. You can try to gauge how many you'll need, but who knows.

If driving, I'd bring them. The prices of things around WDW are a bit inflated due to the touristy nature of the area. You'll save a couple bucks maybe bringing them.

If you're flying, then I would have them delivered. I don't know if i'd waste a suitcase on them knowing you don't know how many you'll need. Plus wipes are heavy, so you're likely to be hitting up against your weight limit on the bags too.

Much easier to have them delivered by someone like Garden Grocer. Add some water and a few snacks to the order as well to save even more over the park prices.

Patricia
05-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I have not traveled with diapers in a long time, but when I did, I took my own and used the empty space for all my new treasures. As has been mentioned above.

Now, I always have to buy an extra tote to get all my things back home. :blush:

BrerGnat
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
We shipped down diapers (actually, pull ups for nighttime), wipes, and ALL our toiletries as well as some snacks in a box prior to leaving via UPS. It cost about $18. Without the toiletries in our suitcases, the weight was kept down and we didn't pack the suitcases to bursting full, so we'd have space for souvenirs on the way home. Worked really good for us, as we used up everything in the box we had shipped over the course of the week.

Shipping ahead of time gave me peace of mind that our "necessities" would get there. I shipped ahead early enough to track the package, and I knew prior to departing our home that our box had arrived at the Beach Club. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
We always took our own but I guess it would depend on how you are traveling. If you are flying and it causes you to have an extra bag on an airline that charges for bags, it's not worth taking your own. However, if you are driving or have room in your luggage, it's probably cheaper to take them with you rather than buy them there. Plus, it would eliminate the shopping trip unless you plan to purchase other items as well.

teambricker04
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
We shipped down diapers (actually, pull ups for nighttime), wipes, and ALL our toiletries as well as some snacks in a box prior to leaving via UPS. It cost about $18. Without the toiletries in our suitcases, the weight was kept down and we didn't pack the suitcases to bursting full, so we'd have space for souvenirs on the way home. Worked really good for us, as we used up everything in the box we had shipped over the course of the week.

Shipping ahead of time gave me peace of mind that our "necessities" would get there. I shipped ahead early enough to track the package, and I knew prior to departing our home that our box had arrived at the Beach Club. :thumbsup:

This is exactly what we did! We will (Fingers crossed!) not have to worry about diapers this summer, but we find if we pack enough for a couple of days and then have them shipped it is the easiest. My son also only uses a particular store brand that would be hard to get while on vacation.

:)

Disney Doll
05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
We've shipped diapers and brought our own. The one time I shipped the package it arrived at the resort with no problem and I was notified upon check-in that my package was available. They asked if I wanted it then or if they should send someone to deliver it to the room. I had a baby, a stroller, a diaper bag, and my carry-on so I opted for room delivery. It never came. I called the desk a few times. They kept saying it had been delivered. I kept assuring them it had not been delivered. Finally around 10:00pm they got to the bottom of it and realized they delivered it to the wrong room (guests with same last name). It was a huge headache and from then on I decided I would rather just bring an extra suitcase. We fly SW and don't have to pay for a second bag. We use Magical Express so the extra bag really isn't any more work for us at all.

tdk316
05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Since we've had kids in diapers, we've shipped a box down about a week before we're due to arrive full of all sorts of baby stuff including diapers, wipes, creams, snacks, toys, etc. and we've never regretted it. That being said, we always fly and use ME so we don't have a car down there. If I had a car, I'd probably bring a couple of days' stash with me and figure I could drive and get some after we got there.

LisaP
05-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I had them delivered to my room, along with baby food and water from Garden Grocer.

Ditto :number1:

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM

That's exactly what we do. Not only is it piece of mind, but then we don't have to worry about our toiletries leaking in out suitecase. We have flown with little ones and it's just nice to know it's already at the hotel!

Disney-4-Me
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I haven't had to pack diapers for year but I used to take them with us from home. I'd always use the extra space for souvenirs. With the weight restrictions you have to be more careful. Just weigh your bag at home if you think that might be a problem.

AmandaChan
05-13-2011, 12:54 AM
If I was driving and I had time to find deals with coupons then I would just pack my own so I wouldn't have to worry about it. If you're flying and you get a rental I would just get some at a walgreens or something, odds are you would need to make a trip there anyways.

We are flying in June and the plan so far is to pretty much send myself diapers in a package so I won't have to pay the extra $ to buy them there -- although I plan on packing other things to ship to myself so it's not just about saving money I guess?

Also I'm still thinking about garden grocer too.

mudpuppysmom
05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
We have to take our own.....we use cloth! When we did use disposables we took enough for two days and bought the rest at the store.