PDA

View Full Version : FastPass for Star Wars autographs

Flames24
05-01-2011, 11:17 PM
My brother is a big time Star War freak and he wants to get autographs on June 10-12. How hard is it to get fastpasses for autographs? Does anyone know any hints on what time do you need to get in line so you can get some autographs. Thanks

KylesMom
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
It's been reported over the years that guests wanting to get in line for the more popular Celebrity autographs arrive at the park much earlier than 5:30 am to get in line for the FP issuance. All three guests for this weekend are probably going to be in high demand - Ray Park, Peter Mayhew and Tom Kane.

Honestly, we've always been more about the costumed characters & not the celebrities, so I'm not sure how this works. If you have your own transportation, are you able to get into the parking lot? If not, how do you possibly get there in the middle of the night to stake your place out in line?

Any help for Flames24 would be greatly appreciated!

MOJoe
05-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Celebrity Fastpasses tend to be difficult to get for the actors who are "very important" to the movies, and those who rarely attend SWW. The last time my son and i got a celebrity fastpass was weekend #3 in 2009. That year the hard ticket was for David Prowse - Darth Vader. Since he is the main character, and rarely attends, his line was past the bag checking area well before sunrise. 5:30 a.m. probably was not early enough.
The lines for the other actors, however, were not bad at all. My son and i got in line for Jeremy Bullock between 6 and 7 a.m. and we got first session fastpasses. So you could have arrived an hour or so later, and got a return time for the 2nd or 3rd session.
Because Peter Mayhew and Ray Park are regulars at SWW, the lines to get autographs should not be very bad. I would arrive at least an hour or two before opening time, just to be safe. (And really, it's kinda fun hanging out in line with the other super fans.) But getting in line at daybreak is not going to be necessary.

crltkcagle
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
We have been to SWW twice. We have never woken up extra early to get in line to get the fp for the autograph. We did get to meet all of the "important guys" and get their signature. If its really important to him then I would suggest getting in line early and getting the fp.

Flames24
05-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you guys for the extra advice.

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2011, 03:45 AM
. . . 5:30 a.m. probably was not early enough . . .

1) Due to the popularity, there is no line-saving.
2) All guests must be in line for thie own Fast Pass.
3) The CM's make sure that people don't cut in line later.
4) They didn't watch carefully one year, and it almost caused fights.
5) So, now, people coming later can't join others already in line.