PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King on Broadway

luvdiznee
05-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Anyone ever see this show? I got an offer from Disney Visa for members that prices are on sale now until May 13. Thinking about going to see it and treat my sister, who loved the Lion King show at AK when we went to Disney together.:secret: She hasn't been since we went in '08 and that was one of her favorite shows to watch.

So anyone ever see the Broadway version?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Go and see it!!! Go and see it!!!

I've seen it twice and we have tickets again for DD's b-day in a couple of weeks.

It is a spectacular show - you will love it. I remember seeing it for the first time, watching the opening sequence, turning to my mom and saying "they are never going to be able to beat that - it was amazing!". Well, about 3 numbers later, I turn to her again and say "well, they just beat it!"

The music is so familar, so wonderful and the staging is just incrediable.

BrerGnat
05-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree! It's a fabulous show. Truly unique. GO!!!!!

DizneyRox
05-01-2011, 08:26 PM
It's been a few years... But I do remember it being a very good show. I liked it better than BatB. We're talking the actual Broadway show here, not the travelling one right? I can't vouch for the travelling show.

jmj18
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I have to say, it was the ONLY Disney show on Broadway that I did NOT like.

However, I would still say go and see it. I had many friends who didn't like Tarzan and it was 1 of my favorites. I think everyone sees things in a different way.

Enjoy!

cather74
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Most incredible show ever. So creative! YOu will be amazed!:mickey::number1:

brownie
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
If it's like the travelling show, balcony seats might be better. We saw the travelling show and it was great.

Tiggerlovr9000
05-02-2011, 01:35 AM
I took dd for her 18th birthday. It was amazing. I would definitely go...:thumbsup:

luvdiznee
05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Glad to hear the positive enthusiasm for this show. I geuss this is the "traveling show", so I hope not too much of a difference. I would be looking to get mezzanine seats.

BelleBeauty
05-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Go and see it - it is amazing! I cried during the opening scenic (and I am a jaded New Yorker that goes to Broadway shows all the time). It is phenomenal and really the only Disney on Broadway show worth seeing over and over again.

DisneyDoug2
05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Great show! Dont miss it!

BrerGnat
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I saw the traveling show as well. We had high seats, and they were phenomenal. I was happy we got those (they were cheaper!) because I feel the people on the lower levels really missed out on a lot, visually.

magicalmom
05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
You're not getting second rate when you see a Broadway show on tour - you're seeing and hearing essentially the same show, sometimes with the sets made smaller in order to fit in smaller theaters, and redesigned to go in and out of trucks. We saw Lion King on tour in Detroit, and looooved it - the singing was gorgeous, the dancing was spectacular, and many of the performers we saw were from the Broadway cast.

brad192
05-04-2011, 10:03 AM
If you go, be sure to get to the theater early. The opening number has the entire cast marching down the aisles & thru the audience to arrive onstage, and they will not let you into the theater from about 5 minutes to curtain until after the opening number is finished. Plus, you really don't want to miss that opening! Spectacular!:thumbsup:

luvdiznee
05-04-2011, 03:25 PM
If you go, be sure to get to the theater early. The opening number has the entire cast marching down the aisles & thru the audience to arrive onstage, and they will not let you into the theater from about 5 minutes to curtain until after the opening number is finished. Plus, you really don't want to miss that opening! Spectacular!:thumbsup:

Thanks for that. Good to know! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Go Go Go

It is an amazing show!! Even my non Disney loving siblings LOVED IT!!!!!

Truly breathtaking scenery and costumes! GREAT SHOW!!!!

Julie:mickey:

Belle619
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
:exactly: Fantastic show. Worth every single penny!

LudwigVonDrake
05-16-2011, 01:34 PM
I saw it soon after it opened. A good show but I thought Beauty and the Beast was a much better show.