PDA

View Full Version : Which World Showcase pavilion is your favorite?

Bellerella
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Which pavilion is your favorite? I love World Showcase- my favorites are Morocco, France, and Germany. How about you? Why is it your favorite?

Bellerella
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Morocco is my favorite because I love all the colors! Morocco is probably a country I will never actually visit, and this pavilion gives me a taste. The red buildings and streets, the beaded goods, the reds, purples, oranges, and golds... so very beautiful!

In second place for me is Germany because it is just like a fairytale- it is probably the most magical pavilion for me because several Disney characters are from Germany.

E-OR
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I love Norway, Germany, and Japan, in that order.

retiredfigment
05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
For food, my favorite is UK. For attraction, my favorite is Mexico. For ambience and color my favorite is Morocco.

HoosierDisneyFan
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I voted for China but the poll is a little like asking which is your favorite child....

EvilQueen2006
05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I voted for Norway, because I love Maelstrom! But Japan is a close second for the shopping, drummers, and the pick a pearl. I also love Mexico and Morocco!

catkrazy
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Japan-Hello Kitty!!

johnO
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
UK and Japan. Not sure which I like more. Germany would be 3rd on my list.

finaldynasty
05-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Chose China because my kids love it and we buy Chinese fans for our daughters every year.

:mickey:

RAIDER
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
First .
Mexico for me , i love the look of the pavillion ,the ride ,the stalls ,the food and most of all the Margaritas :cloud9::marg: :thumbsup:

Second
UK & Canada .....Great live acts

Third
China.... The shopping is great and the acrobats always astound us

lettripp
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Norway of course...

School Bread and the Disney water smell... win!

Pop Centurion
05-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I guess I'd have to say Japan if I were judging according to total package (theme, culture, shopping, dining, & atmosphere)
Mexico is a close second but the food doesn't do it for me.

Bellerella
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I voted for China but the poll is a little like asking which is your favorite child....

Lol I know right? I love WS.... Definitely my favorite place at The World! :mickey: All of the pavilions are great. I am feeling sorry for Italy right now because no one has voted for it. I like Italy too... The Roman Fountain area is awesome.

CU Tiger
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
For us, it is Norway!:mickey:

Laughin' place
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Curious as to why UK and Canada dont have their own selection?

Disney4us2
05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
We love the Japan Pavillion. Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo. Love the store there, so many cute things.

BandMan
05-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I agree with others that it's like picking a favorite child - (or maybe a favorite dessert? :blush: ). It depends on what mood I'm in.

I picked America because of the great show, and Liberty Voices, and the Fife and Drums :flute: :drum: (love those guys.)

But I LOVE the peaceful atmosphere and beautiful architecture at the China pavillion, especially the water lillies.

I love dancing to the polka band at Germany, and my boys love the trains.

I love the shops at UK.

I could go on all day...

SBETigg
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM

That was my thought, too! How could I choose? I voted Mexico, but they all hold a special place in my heart.

magicman
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Norway!

Akershus, trolls, & Disneywater smell. :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
05-03-2011, 04:14 AM
I voted for Japan because I love the shopping, food and whole feel of the place. However I also love Norway, Mexico and Canada

darthmacho
05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Mexico is my favorite. It's colorful and creative, and has a great ride plus fabulous food. :marg:

Bellerella
05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Curious as to why UK and Canada dont have their own selection?

Lol when I was making the poll it said the maximum number of answers was 10 and there are 11 pavilions so I had to double 2 of them up.

AllDisney
05-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Very difficult to make a choice, but went with France. Love the restaurant, perfume shop & the pastry shop;)

PopeCharming
05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I like most of the pavilions, but China won out for me. I love the film, the serenity, the artifacts on display. I wish they had better restaurants, but other than that, China stands out in quality.

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 08:08 PM
The America show is my favorite, but the Norway desserts win for food!

biodtl
05-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I love them all, but if I had to pick I'd say either Morocco or Mexico. I love the way Morocco feels like an authentic marketplace - and it's so beautiful. And Mexico because you go inside to be outside - it's alike walking into another world.

idolfan1
05-11-2011, 11:54 PM
I voted for Japan but not only i enjoy Japan but of course USA, ALL THE WAY! I also enjoy Mexico. So its: Japan, Mexico & USA:mickey:

Jeniflower
05-12-2011, 07:39 AM
i voted for Norway for maelstrom but also love mexico, japan and canada too. I know you could only have ten answers in the poll but Canada and Uk shouldn't be lumped together. UK whilst having its charms really is just England (so says the irish girl living in scotland) and Canada has of Kilter - need i say more

JoF
05-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Mexico and Japan are my favourites.
I love the feeling of being outside at night in the mexico pavillion, the food and the margharitas.:marg:
Japan for the shopping and restaurants and the little ceremony for anouncing you've found a pearl in an oyster.:mickey:

RBrooksC
05-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I love Morocco. It is the only pavilion where I feel like there are areas to explore that I cannot reach.

There is something to be said of the design where the elements really work to give you a sense of being in a small part of a much larger city.

Mickey'sGirl
05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Very difficult to make a choice, but went with France. Love the restaurant, perfume shop & the pastry shop;)Me too. And also the movie and the lovely carts out in front. :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Germany is my favorite of all of the pavillions but honestly I love to visit all of them. Each pavillion has it's own uniques qualities and we have a great time exploring each visit to Epcot.

AXOAlum
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I love Morocco. It is the only pavilion where I feel like there are areas to explore that I cannot reach.

There is something to be said of the design where the elements really work to give you a sense of being in a small part of a much larger city.

:ditto: love the photos I get there!

DisneyDoug2
05-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Went with Germany, second would be England

DAWS
05-12-2011, 01:27 PM
First .
Mexico for me , i love the look of the pavillion ,the ride ,the stalls ,the food and most of all the Margaritas :cloud9::marg: :thumbsup:

Second
UK & Canada .....Great live acts

Third
China.... The shopping is great and the acrobats always astound us

I completely agree! :marg::marg::marg:

HackLaSalle
05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah I didn't see this as nearly as hard as everyone else. I went Mexico.

It has the best combo of food, atmospher and most importantly AN ATTRACTION! Now sure, Maelstrom is better and sure you can get better food and entertainment in Canada. But for the whole package I think Mexico is the best pavallion!

kemps@wdw
05-14-2011, 11:10 PM
USA - American Adventure
UK - British Invasion
Canada - Off Kilter
Noway - school bread

...and Epcot's World Showcase during the Food & Wine Festival...YUM!!:cloud9:

2Epcot
05-15-2011, 01:07 AM
America, China and Norway.

crltkcagle
05-15-2011, 09:23 AM
That was a hard one! I picked Morocco because I like to look at the decor there.

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 08:48 PM
This was so tough! I picked UK because we love to spend time there. The Rose and Crown restaurant is amazing, the music, soccer in the streets, the great shops and of course, the pints! :blush:

Although we love each and every one of them...we usually spend an entire day just in WS wandering through the countries, taking in everything they have to offer!

goofy89
05-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I had a hard time choosing between Mexico and Italy! However, I had to go with Mexico because I love the atmosphere and restaurant! :mickey:

AgentC
05-16-2011, 03:58 PM
This was hard decision.

For atmosphere alone, I voted for Japan. I love the serenity of the gardens. We love to sit by the brook when we eat at Yakitori House.

But I really enjoy all the countries and the even the African Outpost. My husband and kids can't go by without playing the drums!