PDA

View Full Version : How to plan for cooler AM's?

Luv4WDW
05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
So we leave in 6 days and I've been watching the weather, as I'm sure many of you do before you leave. I noticed that SO far the highs appear to be in the upper 80's/lower 90's. In the mornings, though, when we're getting to the parks, the temps are only in the upper 60's. I was planning on wearing tank tops but I'm worried it will be too cold in the mornings for that. I didn't want to have to bring anything to wear over the top and then carry it. What does everybody else do? I don't plan on carrying a bag into the park unless it's my small purse.

NJGIRL
05-01-2011, 08:53 AM
We go in Oct and it is usually cool in the morning also. I do wear a light weight jacket because not only do I need it for the morning but I usually need it at night and even in some of the restaurants. I am one to always be cold. My husband and son on the other hand are always warm so they take nothing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2011, 09:37 AM
We don't take anything with us for the morning. We find that with the humidy mornings are cool, not cold and with the walking and moving around, we never feel cold (cool yes, cold no).

It is such a pain to carry things around that are only worn for an hour or two, that we just deal with it.

DisneyDINK
05-01-2011, 10:01 AM
If temps are in the upper 60s in the morning you should be able to suffer through an hour or two. You might be a bit cool if you take a boat to the parks. If it is in the 50s you might want to bring a second layer along. After the first morning you'll have it figured out anyhow.

Also, if you skip the EMH park you'll have an extra hour for things to warm up (asuming you're staying on property).

Daisy'sMom
05-01-2011, 10:22 AM
At this time of year you will not have any mornings in the 50's. I wish we would, but those cool mornings are gone. I am always out walking my dog at 6:30. Have not had to wear anything but shirt and shorts.
When the sun comes out, it is usually very warm right away.
Have fun.:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Anytime it's in the 60's it's shorts and t-shirt weather. It heats up fast in Florida and the humidity doesn't hurt.

Luv4WDW
05-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I didn't even think about the humidity. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Dream'nDisney
05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
If it is cool, you could wear sweatshirts and then later in the day, either rent a locker at that particular theme park, or bring a flimsy, light weight back pack and put them in that.

DizneyRox
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
If it is cool, you could wear sweatshirts and then later in the day, either rent a locker at that particular theme park, or bring a flimsy, light weight back pack and put them in that.
Locker Rental is between $7 and $9 depending (not including the $5 key deposit). Another expense that I try to avoid at WDW. I remember when it was just a couple bucks (not too long ago) and my eyes almost popped out of my head when I needed to break a $20 to get a locker. I figured when I opened it, Tinkerbell would fly out and wisk me off on a private VIP aerial tour of the Magic Kingdom. No such luck...

faline
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
At this time of year, I typically don't need any more clothing early in the morning than I do at mid-day. I don't think you'll need sweatshirts or jackets.

PrettyMinnie
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I agree with PP, between the humidity and the warm Florida sunshine, you will not suffer much chills in the mornings. Besides, those temps will go up pretty quick and you don't want to be stuck dragging around unnecessary clothing all day. But if you were really worried, I would suggest scheduling to head back to the resort pretty early for a break and ditch the layers, then head back later with little worry about being chilly.

lovinmesomedisney
05-02-2011, 10:58 AM
The upper 60s would be perfect weather all day! :) With the sun shining, high 60's should be plenty warm enough, even in the morning. After those hot afternoons, I'm thinking you will be welcoming those high 60s, even with your tank top!

joonyer
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Wear a tee shirt instead of a tank top and you'll be fine.

floridamom
05-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Our temps are very similar to the Disney area, and I tend to feel cold very easily. Having said that, I have been wearing tank tops to get the kids to the bus stop at 7:30 each morning, and do not feel cold.

However, when I am in WDW, even during the summer, I get very cold in the indoor attractions and restaurants due to the powerful AC. Rather than a bulky sweatshirt, I usually take a large lightweight scarf that can provide a little arm coverage and can easily be tied around the strap of my purse.

Polynesian Dweller
05-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Strmchaser will likely come along with info, but in the meantime, generally the low will come just before dawn or about 6:40am now , and then the temperature will rapidly increase in Florida especially. Within an hournit will be warm so I wouldn't worry about it at all.