PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid Ride

disneynarula
05-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Does anyone know if the Little Mermaid Ride will be offering FP?

2Epcot
05-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know if the Little Mermaid Ride will be offering FP?

I read on one site that it will not, but I don't know for sure. Since it will be a continous loading attraction the hourly capacity should be pretty high.

WDWfanatic742
05-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I think as of now both versions won't have Fastpasses. Magic Kingdom's may get it since it is more than a year away from opening, but Disneyland's doesn't have it.

Even though it will be swamped when it opens, it's going to operate more like the Haunted Mansion than Peter Pan, so Fastpass will only slow down the queues...

BrerGnat
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I have also heard NOT. And, from what is visible of the show building and ride queue area (you can see it really good when you ride the Jumpin Jellyfish ride), there are no FP machines anywhere to be found.

Disneyland tends to not offer FP on most of its rides. Toy Story Mania, for example, does not have it. Nor do many of the Fantasyland rides that have FP at WDW (like Peter Pan and Pooh).

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-05-2011, 12:03 AM
There is a reason for no FP on Toy Story Midway Mania.
FP isn't likely for Little Mermaid though due to the high capacity.

:smickey:

BrerGnat
05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
There is a reason for no FP on Toy Story Midway Mania.
FP isn't likely for Little Mermaid though due to the high capacity.

What's the reason? Curious...I always wonder how they determine whether to offer it or not.

Whatever the reason, I'm happy we have NO FP and SINGLE RIDER on this coast!

DoomBuggyDude
05-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Ariel's will be a new benchmark in omnimover
type of attractions since the wheelchairs can
be loaded without stopping. The staton is three
times larger, giving them plenty of time to board.

FP would be a little pointless on this one.

I sure would of loved that at Buzz & Mansion!

Mufasa
05-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Ariel's will be a new benchmark in omnimover
type of attractions since the wheelchairs can
be loaded without stopping. The staton is three
times larger, giving them plenty of time to board.

True, unless people are distracted by the details in the gorgeous queue and especially the stunning 86 foot hand painted mural that stretches alongside the loading area. It invokes a lot of the classic murals found in Fantasyland like say Peter Pan- only a lot bigger.

Cool fact: Larry Nikolai (Imagineering's Creative Director on the attraction) painted a mockup of the mural during development at his home that took a full 8 months to complete (at 1 inch:1 foot scale)

The Little Mermaid has a healthy ride capacity (and a decent length too, being over 6 minutes) that will help to balance out things in the park, especially as a family friendly attraction suitable for all ages.

2Epcot
05-11-2011, 07:30 AM
True, unless people are distracted by the details in the gorgeous queue and especially the stunning 86 foot hand painted mural that stretches alongside the loading area. It invokes a lot of the classic murals found in Fantasyland like say Peter Pan- only a lot bigger.

Cool fact: Larry Nikolai (Imagineering's Creative Director on the attraction) painted a mockup of the mural during development at his home that took a full 8 months to complete (at 1 inch:1 foot scale)

I'm looking forward to seeing all the details like this in the attraction.

tinkwest
05-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks DBD and Mufasa

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Any rumor of soft openings for this one?

2Epcot
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Any rumor of soft openings for this one?

I would think they should be coming soon. CMs have been riding it, and giving their reviews about the ride.

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I would think they should be coming soon. CMs have been riding it, and giving their reviews about the ride.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I was there on Sunday and got a good peek at the queue through a massive gap in the wall. Looks like it's mostly done. Seems the area around the queue needs to be cleaned up some.

I plan to visit a few times in the next couple weeks. Hope one of those days it's open!

2Epcot
05-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh, really? I didn't know that. I was there on Sunday and got a good peek at the queue through a massive gap in the wall. Looks like it's mostly done. Seems the area around the queue needs to be cleaned up some.

I plan to visit a few times in the next couple weeks. Hope one of those days it's open!

Yes, they've been training the ride operators, so CM have been getting a chance to ride while they're are doing that. The rumor I just read, from someone who does a regular report of "insider" information is that soft opening should be around Memorial Day Weekend.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey, does anyone know if they left an homage to Golden Dreams as Imagineers like to do?

:ewok:

Lightning McQueen
05-23-2011, 11:23 AM

Where can I find the reviews?

robnadina
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Reading this thread made me excited to ride Little Mermaid! DD is 3 and she LOVES Ariel. Everything has to be Ariel right now. She will be on :cloud9: when she gets to ride this. Sounds like it will be awesome :thumbsup:

2Epcot
05-27-2011, 08:27 PM
The Little Mermaid had a soft opening today, which I believe is continuing into the evening. I think I overheard CMs talking about seeing how it goes during World of Color. I was able to ride it twice today, and really like it.

WDWfanatic742
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
So I watched it on YouTube. I'm the first to admit that videos don't do attractions (especially Disney attractions) justice, but it just felt to me like something is missing. Maybe it's just because I haven't watched the movie since I was little, but the end just seems very quick like it's not conveying what just happened. Like I said in the beginning, I'd have to see it in person to review it but I don't see myself traveling the country for my first Disneyland trip in my life anytime soon...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the WDW version, especially if they speed up the ride for that version like what was rumored last I heard...

UCJen
05-28-2011, 12:27 AM
So I watched it on YouTube. I'm the first to admit that videos don't do attractions (especially Disney attractions) justice, but it just felt to me like something is missing. Maybe it's just because I haven't watched the movie since I was little, but the end just seems very quick like it's not conveying what just happened. Like I said in the beginning, I'd have to see it in person to review it but I don't see myself traveling the country for my first Disneyland trip in my life anytime soon...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the WDW version, especially if they speed up the ride for that version like what was rumored last I heard...

I agree with you about not getting the entire experience when watching a ride-through on video. But yeah, there are parts of this story missing...Ariel trading her voice for legs, Ursula using Ariel's voice to compete for Eric's affection, among others. The ride feels incomplete to me.

Some parts looked really good, other parts-- kind of cheap. I will ride this when it comes to MK, because I love this film. :)

(In the party scene, I thought Ariel looked like the redhead from the B-52s.) ;)

2Epcot
05-28-2011, 01:18 AM
I didn't watch the video till after I had been on the ride. I think like all of these type of attractions, it is hard to condense a story into a few scenes. I think they did a pretty good job.

MegaDisney
05-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind this is a Fantasyland type dark ride. It seems to me all of them are very condensed versions of the stories too. I think many are expecting a Mansion or POTC E-Ticket.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
05-29-2011, 12:35 AM
The Little Mermaid is the newest in Disney's dark rides. It is truly amazing. It is a dark ride with today's technology. Beautiful building, beautiful scenes, beautiful music. If you like the movie, you will enjoy the attraction. That being... said it is a typical dark ride. Target audience is little girls. But I did find myself singing along the second ride and really getting into the main show scene. Only one glitch for me is her hair in that scene....looks like an ice cream swirl on the top of her head. LOL. The ride is a people mover type attraction so the line constantly moves. Don't think we waited more than five minutes each time we rode it.

In reference to what has already been posted, I really enjoyed it. It isn't an E-Ticket attraction. It wasn't going to be. Most Fantasyland attractions come to an abrupt ending with a "and they all lived happily ever after" just before you leave the attraction. I think the Imagineers did a great job on this attraction. Will I ride it every time I go to DCA? No. But do I ride the Fantasyland dark rides every time I go to Disneyland. No.

Disney4us2
05-29-2011, 02:52 PM
We were able to see the Little Mermaid attraction yesterday. I thought it was well done. I was not that impressed with the queue. I guess I thought it would be more interactive like they are doing at WDW. It was nice, just not that exciting. They way they have the queue set up on the outside it looks like they are expecting a mob. Yesterday the lines were like 10-15 minutes. It didn't seem that long at all since the loading is like at Haunted Mansion and is continuous loading/unloading.

My daughter (11) thought the ride was babyish (her wording). Although when I asked if she wanted to ride again, she said yes. I thought they did a good job on it though. For us it will sorta like Nemo. It is nice to ride every now and then.