PDA

View Full Version : Monorail to Epcot from Contemporary

wdwluv
04-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I've never ridden the monorail to Epcot. So I have 2 questions, if you could help? :-)

I *assume* you ride the monorail back to the TTC to get onto Epcot monorail?

Can you give me a guess at how long the trip will take from the time I get on monorail to arriving at Epcot?

(I'm asking as I am thinking of making a lunch reservation and I have 2 hours between meetings)

Thank you!

Scott C
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I would guess 30-35 min including the transfer

Thanks
Scott C

wdwluv
04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Hmmmmm. I wonder if that won't give me time enough for a meal then. My reservation is at Les Chef de France, so of course I have to make my way over there too.

Polynesian Dweller
04-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok. the Contemporary to TTC is 3 minutes after the monorail starts. Then, if the Epcot monorail is just leaving you will have 5-6 minute wait and say about 3-5 minutes of wait for the train to leave the TTC. The TTC to Epcot is 6 minutes (timed it many times). S0. count on 20 minutes at the minimum from the monorail starting at CR to stopping at Epcot, but it could be a little longer. I agree with 30-35 minutes when you include walking to the monorail, crossing to the Epcot one and then the walk down to the Epcot gates.

Disney-4-Me
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
The short answer, without the math, is no you probably won't have time. You'd really have to hustle just to get to the restaurant once you arrive at EPCOT. It definitely wouldn't be a relaxing meal.

The good news is that there are many wonderful restaurants at Disney that are a lot closer to the Contemporary.

wdwluv
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like that is what I should do. :mickey: Maybe I'll just grab a Mickey bar for lunch and just absorb all the pixie dust I can from MK for that 2 hours. :D

DisneyDoug2
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Don't forget to add time to go through the bag check station and the ticket readers, depending on the time of day that can add 10-15 minutes easly to your trip time.