PDA

View Full Version : chef's de france

tink179
04-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I just made online reservations last night for 5. 2 adults and 3 kids ages 11, 8, and 5.:mickey: We have not been here and was wondering if anyone could give some reviews on it. Is it a good place for children? What kind of food is offered for them? Also, it said when I made the reservation that our party could be put at 2 different tables. Has anyone had that happen to them?

Daisy'sMom
04-30-2011, 12:15 PM
If I remember, there is chicken strips, hamburger and fried or fish. We love eating there, maybe because we love their onion soup.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-30-2011, 01:37 PM
It's great place for kids because Remy is brought around to each table...I hope your reservation is during one if the times that he is out...We ate there in Dec. and it was great!!!

ElenitaB
04-30-2011, 04:22 PM
The first time we went, my DS was around 8 and he loved it! He's asked multiple times to go back since then, and we have (he's 15 now).

OP, I wouldn't worry about being seated at different tables. They won't separate a family.

MinnieMommie
05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Chefs is a comfortable place to dine for all ages. Remy is a nice treat! I've been to Chefs with all size parties and have never had our group split up. I can't imagine they would separate a family with children. Our family dines at Chefs on every trip. It is relaxed atmosphere where families are welcome. :mickey:

magicalmom
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
One nice thing about Disney is that they are also willing to split your party if that's what you'd like - we have done this on our anniversary a couple of times. DDs (preteens the first time) were seated at a table within sight of ours, and both checks came to us. We had a lovely romantic dinner without leaving the girls behind, and they felt very grown-up being "on their own.

Edit - forgot to say, the girls even ordered an anniversary cake to be sent to our table, then came over and shared dessert. That check also came to us!

pox24
05-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Fabulous :thumbsup:

darthmacho
05-04-2011, 05:03 PM
We had dinner there with our two kids last summer, and we all loved it. The kids particularly loved the French bread. Food was delicious! The atmosphere was delightful, though we missed Remy. Maybe next time.

McLiberal8
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I loved this place when I went in Sept. I was on my own, but I expect the multiple table warning is from the fact that the resturant is very 'cafe style', with smaller tables for small parties.
I went around 5:45pm, and I got to meet Remy. It was great! And the mac and cheese here is amazing.

AdventurerKim
05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Chefs is really great! We go for lunch every November trip and have met Remy a few times. Precious! I love the desserts! YUM! :mickey:

kemps@wdw
05-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Wasn't impressed w/the food, however I am a very pick eater. (alhough DH liked it). Not much in the way of "kids" food. But I do see alot of kids dining there. And with Ratatouille there, probably more so. We usually travel w/a large party, and have been told on occasiona that we may be separated, but that has not happened as of yet. We have opted for separate tables before when no large tables were available, and are usually placed close to each other. (and saves on added-in tip for large parties)