PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving options?

mousetrapper
04-29-2011, 08:51 PM
So I noticed someone asked about Hoop Dee Doo Revue for Thanksgiving dinner, so I thought I'd post a general question. What are your favorite places to eat Thanksgiving dinner at WDW?

We went to WDW Thanksgiving week in 2007 and are doing it again this year. In 2007, we ate at Liberty Tree which was nice, but I'm interested in something different.

Anyone have any experience having a great Thanksgiving dinner (turkey and trimmings or not) at WDW? Here are a few we've been thinking about to get the conversation started:

1. Cinderella's Royal Table
2. Whispering Canyon
3. Liberty Tree (again)

ElenitaB
04-29-2011, 10:20 PM
After going to Liberty Tree one year to "get our Thanksgiving on," we decided to never do that again. It was crazy busy and crowded as it's probably the most obvious choice for the night (great minds think alike... I just didn't enjoy having them all in the very same place at the very same time). As they serve Thanksgiving fare every night, in later years, we go to LTT for what we've now dubbed "Thanksgiving Eve," and have started a new tradition: we either go someplace we like the other 364 days of the year (like 'Ohana or Boma) or have a very low-key Thanksgiving in the company of friends. One year our T-day allotment of turkey was in the form of a turkey leg.

Our plan might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it keeps us away from WDW's epicenter of Thanksgiving on the actual day.

RedSoxFan
04-30-2011, 07:01 AM
We ate at BOMA's on Thanksgiving a few years back when we stayed at AKL. It was very good and not overly crowded. We had no ADR's and waited a few minutes for our table. It was very good. We'll be at WDW for Thanksgiving this year -- not sure what we'll do this year for dinner yet.

MongoMil
04-30-2011, 08:44 AM
When we went down for Thanksgiving and went to Grand Floridian Cafe. The food was good and they had a couple of different special plates on the menu. One was a tradional turkey plate and another was ham. It was good everyone was pleased. We had ADR's and did not wait long. Was not to crowded.

awaggett
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
We ate at the Kona Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian--it was great! We didn't have ADRs, and couldn't walk-in at Kona. At the sushi bar they offer the same menu and offered a special Thanksgiving menu as well. We ended up have sushi and Lapu Lapus--best Thanksgiving ever!

mousetrapper
05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone! Our two DDs are vegetarians, so they don't especially care about the turkey but they do like the meatless trimmings. My husband and I are traditionalists, but since we'll be away from home any for the holiday, maybe we'll "eat outside the box!" I like the idea of a Thanksgiving-eve type dinner, as well as the turkey leg idea. Grand Flo Cafe sounds good too!

Anyone know of any other restaurant that has a special Thanksgiving dinner menu or offering on the day itself?

CynBeth
05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
We have someone in our party with a dairy allergy and are trying to get info on where would be best to have a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on the actual day of the holiday and I like the suggestion made here. Do you get a choice of an appetizer and then a choice of entree with a few sides and choice of dessert at the Grand Floridian Cafe?