PDA

View Full Version : What's Sanaa like?

disneymomma2010
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Can you compare Sanaa and Boma please? My husband and I have ate at Boma a couple of times and he loved it but it just wasnt my cup of tea, although i loved being in the Animal Kindgom lodge. So i thought maybe we should try Sanaa. What's the atmosphere like? I printed off the menu (im looking at dinner), but it's still kind of hard to tell if i would like it or not.

Thanks!

brownie
04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
We've never been to Boma, so I can't compare the too. We really enjoyed eating at Sanaa. The atmosphere is great. It feels authentic. The food was really good. One warning, though. If you get the chocolate cake, it's a very small piece of cake (more of a nibble as far as I was concerned.) I had the sesame orange cake, and it was great. Normally I go for the chocolate; this time it worked in my favor not to.

If you want to see the animals, you need to make sure you make reservations for when it's going to be light outside. I didn't factor that in, and it was dark out when we ate there.

If you like beer, the Tusker Premium Lager was good.

mousetrapper
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
We've been to Boma several times and really love it. We went to Sanaa instead during our last trip.

It's hard to compare the two. Boma is bigger and has more of a selection (plus it's a buffet style meal). Sanaa feels more intimate, and you order ala carte off the menu.

To me, the difference in the food is that Boma is more African-inspired while Sanaa has more Indian food. We LOVE Indian food -- naan bread, curry, etc.

We love both! I think our DDs want to go to Sanaa again this trip, so we'll probably do that, but I do miss Boma! There are just so many wonderful dishes to try there, and you can sample everything! (And I LOVE the zebra domes!)

DisneyDINK
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
I did like the food and the CMs at Saana at Kidani. It was neat to watch giraffes while dining. Great menu. Like most resort dining it would be a great choice if you're staying at the AKL or villas, but if you're near the MK it takes more time than I'm willing to waste to get there.

disneymomma2010
05-01-2011, 11:48 PM
If you want to see the animals, you need to make sure you make reservations for when it's going to be light outside. I didn't factor that in, and it was dark out when we ate.

Thanks! I actually didnt know that you could see the animals from there and booked it for 8:10pm, but after I read this I changed my reservation to 6:45. Hopefully we will see the animals!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-02-2011, 01:53 PM
You'll see the animals. I found that when we ate there, it was around 6PM and we saw the animals the entire meal. You did great!! Enjoy. This was our favorite meal of the trip.

badkitty
05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Let me know if you want any help with the menu. I think I've tried everything there. :secret: I haven't been disappointed and the CMs are great!

ThanxForNoticin
05-04-2011, 12:22 PM
It's hard to compare the two. Boma is bigger and has more of a selection (plus it's a buffet style meal). Sanaa feels more intimate, and you order ala carte off the menu.

To me, the difference in the food is that Boma is more African-inspired while Sanaa has more Indian food. We LOVE Indian food -- naan bread, curry, etc.

I agree totally. It's hard to compare the 2 restaurants directly, but both are outstanding. We get to Boma as often as we can - it's one of our favorites. We decided to try Sanaa last year for the first time, and it has quickly become another favorite. The food, service, and atmosphere are great. We really love their bread and dip selections! I'd highly recommend you give it a try. Enjoy......!