PDA

View Full Version : "Finding Nemo - The Musical" Vs. "Tarzan Rocks!"

magicman
04-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I've noticed a lot of folks really enjoy the Finding Nemo show; however, I liked Tarzan Rocks so much better (due to song familiarity, excitement of skater stunts:skate:, and the shorter show length).

What say you?

DizneyRox
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I'd rather go to the luau I think... Well, maybe not... I'd definitely rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one with rusty pliers.

BWayGrl
04-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I loved Tarzan Rocks. It was so fun and emotional and high-energy...different from the other stage shows that Disney offers (Beauty and the Beat, Little Mermaid, etc.). So I was a little hesitant to see the Finding Nemo show when I was there last time. However, I was surprisingly impressed with it! It had a "larger than life" quality to it, and I thought the songs were good (considering there were no songs in the movie). I cried! Hmmm...I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite. I think I will have to go with Tarzan Rocks. The energy that the rock band gave off was awesome. I also liked how the theater was more open.

disneymom15
04-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Hands down Tarzan Rocks!

ali'sdad2003
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Umm...Tarzan did not rock. Finding Nemo is so much better. Not even close.

Dopey's Girl
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Nemo all the way! Tarzan was ok, but if I didn't see it, it was no great loss. Nemo is one of my favorite shows in WDW!

Mickey'sGirl
04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
We LOVED Tarzan Rocks! I was very sorry to see it replaced.

ransam
04-29-2011, 05:50 PM
i saw Tarzan and loved it....
Nemo is very good too.

both are very differnt kind of shows.

tarzan was very high energy. lots of stunts, and more interative i think....

Nemo is more laid back, but i love how the stage is set up, how the actors and their puppets interact, and eventually you forget there are even people there....and it's very creative they wrote new songs for the show.

if i had to pick one, it be tarzan, but problaby only because it's not there anymore. ha

Jeff
04-29-2011, 05:56 PM
All three in my family vote Tarzan!
No contest for us.

faline
04-29-2011, 05:56 PM
In all the years I've been going to Disney, I had never walked out on a performance at one of the Disney parks until - Tarzan Rocks. Personally, it just did not appeal to me. I never finished the show the first time I went and never went back again.

I adore Finding Nemo!

Zawadi
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Out of the 3 shows (Jungle Book, Tarzan and Nemo) that I've seen at the Theatre in the Wild I think that Tarzan was the worst. Just my opinion. I just found it too loud and didn't get it.

Like faline in the previous post, Tarzan is the only WDW show that I've walked out of.

Celakip
04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Tarzan Rocks, definitely. Never been a fan of the "actors on stage with puppets" shows.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Finding Nemo is lightyears better than Tarzan Rocks.... LIGHTYEARS!!!!!!!

Nikerox
04-29-2011, 07:35 PM
We vote for Tarzan Rocks....DH keeps asking if they will bring it back before our trip in Nov!

brownie
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
We liked Tarzan Rocks and I wish it was still there. Finding Nemo the Musical was great. Although both are shows, they are different from each other so it's hard to say which one is better. If I had to pick, I think I'd go with Finding Nemo.

SmallWorldBobby
04-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Both shows are/were great. I was very disappointed that Disney didn't find a new venue for Nemo. It would have been great to keep both shows.

Hats off to Disney for their approach to Nemo. The move to hire the writers from Avenue Q (Tony award 2004; puppet style musical) do write songs and stage the show was a great idea.

DisneyFr33k
04-30-2011, 07:11 AM
I've seen both and prefer Nemo.

Sorry if I am on the slow side, are both shows now gone?

artyboy
04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
In all the years I've been going to Disney, I had never walked out on a performance at one of the Disney parks until - Tarzan Rocks. Personally, it just did not appeal to me. I never finished the show the first time I went and never went back again.

I adore Finding Nemo!

I completely agree...we did the same...but we love Finding Nemo!

faline, you and I should plan a trip together as we have almost identical likes and dislikes!

Disneypixie513
04-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Tarzan. Not even close for me. I've only seen Nemo once. The show bored me so much. Maybe I need to see it again, but it just did not interest me. Tarzan blew me away with all the stunts and I'm sad I only got to see it once as well.

DizneyRox
04-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I've seen both and prefer Nemo.

Sorry if I am on the slow side, are both shows now gone?

Nemo is there. Tarzan Rocks is gone (thankfully) and the show before it (Journey into thge Jungle Book) is gone. All three were in basically the same place. Journey into the Jungle Book was a great show I think. It was put together hastily, I'm sure for AK opening, but sometimes that's what makes it great. Very basic, but it at least told a story.

cajunmickey
04-30-2011, 12:18 PM
My families vote is for Tarzan! We never missed a show of Tarzan while we were there. I have to drag them to Nemo. my daughter said it was a wasted hour of her life. I personally like Nemo ,But enjoyed Tarzan much more.

LVT
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Nemo for me. I did not care for Tarzan rocks. We went once to see it and did not return. We will see Nemo again given the chance.

LudwigVonDrake
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I never saw the Tarzan show but think Nemo is a great show :wave:

sbwillie
04-30-2011, 02:57 PM
DWand kids really liked Tarzan - would see it pretty much everytime. Not a music guy, but pretty good sing-along songs. DW liked the look of Tarzan, Jane, not so bad for me. Only downside was Rosie O donnel character - anoying.

Nemo - best thing is you get a good long nap - almost immediately. Really don't get it. Probably worst at WDW.

BTW for family, best stage show is BandtheB and Lion King right there with it.

joanna71985
04-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Finding Nemo...by a lot

Just-Keep-Swimming
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
TARZAN ROCKS! how can u not love monkeys on roller skates???:sleepin::fishbowl:

GrmGrninGost
05-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I didn't really like Tarzan Rocks, but I detest Nemo. Oh well, we can't all like the same thing!

beksy
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I never saw Tarzan Rocks (it was playing during the decade that we didn't go) but I enjoy Finding Nemo. I really like the songs.

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I love the "Finding Nemo" show. If they just added a few more songs, I think it would play well on Broadway.

magicman
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
DWand kids really liked Tarzan - would see it pretty much everytime. Not a music guy, but pretty good sing-along songs. DW liked the look of Tarzan, Jane, not so bad for me. Only downside was Rosie O donnel character - anoying.

Nemo - best thing is you get a good long nap - almost immediately. Really don't get it. Probably worst at WDW.

BTW for family, best stage show is BandtheB and Lion King right there with it.

I agree...verbatim!

Pirate Granny
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
We did the lunch at Tuskar House, so that we would have reserved seats for Finding Nemo...we were a group of 11, four being toddlers...some non-disney type people with us also...and they LOVED and were very impressed with the Nemo Show...
:pirate:

jsw123
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
My family is on the Tarzan train! We loved it! Particularly b/c we knew and loved the songs! And the stunts were great. (Admittedly, the lack of A/C was not!) NEMO is like seeing and hearing songs a first time. Which is OK, but not as memorable or Disney-like.:mickey:

CaptSmee
05-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I think the Nemo show is much better than Tarzan was.

Mickey91
05-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Didn't like either one. But at least Tarzan was more entertaining.

I just don't see the appeal of watching the puppeteers. I always enjoyed puppets that seem to be real instead of watching some guy say all the lines and wiggle a prop.

PopeCharming
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
"Finding Nemo" wins in a landslide for me-- the costumes were strikingly good, the original music fit the show well, and the actors were perfectly cast.

"Tarzan Rocks", in my judgment, tried to do too much. It couldn't decide whether it was a musical revue, a rock concert, a gymnastics show, or an in-line skating exhibition. There was just too much going on, and the show seemed like a boardroom compromise where a bunch of incongruous ideas got thrown together into a confusing jumble.

"Finding Nemo" knew what kind of a show it was, and followed through perfectly.