PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding

Zawadi
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
It's finally happening today. The crowds are warming up in London after a chilly night camping out and the media fenzy, broadcasting to 180 countries, is in full swing at the temporary studios, erected in Green Park alongside The Mall, with reporters interviewing everyone and anyone.

The North doors of the Abbey were opened at 08:30 for guests are to take their places.

Prince William is due to leave for the Abbey at 10:10 and Catherine to leave at 10:51 for the service to start at 11:00.

(All times are British Summer Time = GMT+1)

SBETigg
04-29-2011, 06:08 AM
I've been following on Twitter since 4 with INTERCOT friends. The bride is a vision! The gown is reminiscent of Grace Kelly, but still somehow all Kate's own. Bride and Groom just met up. They are adorable together.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2011, 06:32 AM
We've been up since 5am watching. It is so cute, they are so sweet together!

Melanie
04-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Loving every second of it. We've had fun on Twitter chatting back and forth. The bride is beautiful, the groom is handsome and they are perfect couple!

Zawadi
04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
What a display of pageantry as the couple made their way back to Buckingham Palace.

Glad that the rain showers held off and the radiant couple could see and be seen by the crowds.

Joannelet
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
So exciting as we are waiting for them to appear on the balcony! Kate looks beautiful! What a beautiful wedding! My 2 year old son was cheering and clapping and loved the horses especially!

Zawadi
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM
We've got one of the UK's 5000 or so street parties about to start outside our house.

Joannelet
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Zawadi have fun in the celebrations!

Zawadi
04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Well the world got its kiss not once but twice

Melanie
04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I actually thought all that build up was kinda silly. ;)

Disney4us2
04-29-2011, 09:16 AM
We've got one of the UK's 5000 or so street parties about to start outside our house.

I was up with you in California watching on tv. How exciting you are actually there.

wildernesslady
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
What a beautiful day for both of them. She will be a great princess. I was watching ABC and they showed people watching from the Wedding Pavilion from WDW.

TheDuckRocks
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM
What a beautiful day for both of them. She will be a great princess. I was watching ABC and they showed people watching from the Wedding Pavilion from WDW.

We also noticed the group from WDW - how cute were the girls with their Ears with the wedding veils.

I was up at 3 AM and it's now almost noon and I'm ready for a nice long nap.

badkitty
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
It was just too early in the morning for me in CA. I'm going to have to watch the highlights.

Hope you are having fun Zawadi! :mickey:

Christine
04-29-2011, 05:21 PM
I had a great time at the dolphin! They did a great job! :thumbsup:
I thought everything was lovely!!!

Except waking up at 4:00am!!

Melanie
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Except waking up at 4:00am!!

Have you napped today?

Christine
04-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Have you napped today?

No! I went straight to work, but then went to
The pool afterwards. I am BEAT!!! :)

How about you?!

Melanie
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
How about you?!

Took a short one late this afternoon, but now it's really hitting me. I'll be done for very soon!

2Epcot
04-29-2011, 11:30 PM
It was just too early in the morning for me in CA. I'm going to have to watch the highlights.

I'm nearing the end of 3 weeks in China, so I watched the coverage that started at 4pm in the afternoon, rather than having to get up at 1am to watch. Though, I probably would have been working along with some of my co-workers who were covering it in CA, but instead I got to watch them online, and not miss sleep.

PirateLover
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Didn't watch too much, but they certainly seem happy. She did look gorgeous. At first I was disappointed in the train length, but then decided that the dress was perfect for her just the way it was.

David Beckham was the one to catch my eye! I always thought he was handsome but hoo boy! He looked great. Very dapper. Victoria on the other hand look like she was going to a funeral.
Loved all the crazy hats.

RAIDER
04-30-2011, 03:35 AM
A brilliant day and spectacle .It made you proud to be British :thumbsup:
I loved the touch when William and Kate drove out with "just married " on the car it was funny :):D

The Reservoir Dog
04-30-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of the Royal Family. There are some that I believe abuse their position and put a bad light on the ones who do a good job and represent them well.

However it was one of those occasions that brings the country together and I'm all for that.

Zawadi
04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of the Royal Family. There are some that I believe abuse their position and put a bad light on the ones who do a good job and represent them well.

However it was one of those occasions that brings the country together and I'm all for that.

I agree. I believe that since Prince William and Catherine Middleton, now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have known each other for over 10 years their marriage is for the correct reasons as opposed to aristocracy reasons.

The occasion brought our street together. Most watched the wedding in their own home and the party started at 2pm and finished around 9pm when darkness stopped play.

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I started watching in the morning (I was up anyway) and then finished when I got home from work in the evening. It was fabulous! Kate was gorgeous; I absolutely loved her gown and I hope it inspires brides-to-be right here the U.S., as I think elegant, tasteful wedding gowns are sorely in need these days. Westminster Abbey was stunning and it was neat to see so many things I remembered. One thing they didn't talk about related to the Abbey was how guests were seated right on top of all those graves. Lol--I guess that wouldn't be the best thing to talk about a wedding, but it is strange the way you can be seated at some of these ancient, grand cathedrals in England and look down and see a memorial marker.

My favorite moments were the looks Will and Kate gave each other, especially the one where he mugged a little at her. I also liked to see William talking to Diana's siblings and their families before the service started. Aside from the media talking about Diana herself, it just didn't seem like they gave her side of the family much notice. I thought the Queen's dress was surprising (the color, anyway), but very cheerful. And the pageantry when the post-ceremony procession was driving down The Mall to Buckingham Palace was very moving, with all the cheering and the people waving their Union Jacks!

During the procession in the carriage, did anyone notice how Kate would bow her head every time William saluted what I assume were military monuments as they went by? Very interesting.

Zawadi
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
During the procession in the carriage, did anyone notice how Kate would bow her head every time William saluted what I assume were military monuments as they went by? Very interesting.

We too noticed that Kate bowed her head. I believe that when passing the Cenotaph or acknowloging the Royal Salute members of the Royal Family will either salute when in uniform or simply lower their head.