PDA

View Full Version : American gardens Theatre

squad51
04-28-2011, 10:31 PM
We will be here the week of june 12. I have seen reports of Hotel California being at the theater that week. What is troubling me is that they were there last year. SO, does any one know who will be there that week?

KylesMom
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
What is troubling me is that they were there last year. The cover bands that Disney brings in are pretty static from year to year for the Sounds Like Summer concert series. We've seen many of them through the years, and they haven't changed a whole lot. Yes, there have been a few new ones added (I'll miss the ABBA cover band - they were fabulous) but I'm excited to see the Journey & Janet Jackson cover artists this time around. They really are quality bands for evening entertainment before Illuminations begins. Our favorite of all time for each summer we've been there? Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi.

It's kind of like the Flower Power concerts for the Flower & Garden Festival - most are repeat acts, but they obviously are enjoyed & therefore are invited back for "encore" performances.

The current schedule is here: Sounds Like Summer Concert Series (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/03/sounds-like-summer-concert-series-at-epcot-begins-june-12/)

SmallWorldBobby
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of repeats. I'd like Hotel California replaced, though. The music sounds ok, but not much of a show.

ransam
04-29-2011, 02:19 PM
I've produced some shows for our summer series here in Kansas, and some of those cover bands are weird.....
there was a cover band for Lynynrd Skynyrd. I was excited because Skynyrd is my favorite band of all time. I think the band's name was Edge of Forever. First of all they were incredible, better than the band tourning now under that name...but the guys in the band really acted like they were actualy in the band. I wasn't sure if it was part of their act or if they really believed it. I left it alone though....

BandMan
04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
We will be here the week of june 12.

We'll be there that same week. :number1: My wife and I love the Eagles. I know you saw them last year, but how were they?

SmallWorldBobby, dosen't sound like you thought too much of them.