PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home Wednesdays

MarkC
04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I know they have these meetings at the Atlantic Dance Hall on Wednesday afternoons. Has anyone done this recently? We've never tried it. Do they give prizes, how long does it last, is it worth our while, etc.? Thanks for anyone who can provide any input.

Checkers
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
We were there last Oct. and, yes, they do give prizes. They had a panel of dvc members (I think around 4) and ask different questions. Can't remember exactly how it went. Had light refreshments and gave everyone a DVC Member hat as we were leaving. I think it lasted about an hour. Would I do it again? Probably not but I was glad I experienced it once.

Maleficent's Dad
04-30-2011, 04:45 PM
We thoroughly enjoy Welcome Home Wednesdays. It's a nice change of pace from the hectic chaos of the parks. We try to attend whenever we're down there.

As guests enter, there are plenty of seats set up as an audience. There is free lemonade and water (ice tea, too, perhaps? can't recall). Each person will also get a voucher for one free box of Cracker Jack (and/or popcorn? again, I don't recall the specifics of food & drink).

Usually Miss Dee Vee See will show up - if not her, someone else similar - and choose 4 audience members to participate in a Jeopardy style trivia game. Amazingly enough, all the contestants finish up with the same number of points at the end of every game. ;)

There are door prizes, some raffles, etc. You can expect to leave with (usually, but not always) a DVC Member ball cap. One time we were given small back packs instead, but usually it's the hats. Some people will win cooler, larger prizes (gift baskets, for example, or a gift certificate to Sammy Duvall's), but that's the minority.

Expect to spend 60-90 minutes there. Most times it's an hour, but we had one recent visit where the "geek" from D23 had a full presentation and we were there for closer to 90 minutes.

Note - they recently changed the time of Welcome Home Wednesdays to 2:00 PM.

MinnieMommie
05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
DH and I always seem to do the Welcome Home Wednesday offering. It's kind of fun and we do find it a nice break in the day and something to look forward to as members. I think it is worth a try to see for yourself if you would ever want to go back. :mickey: