PDA

View Full Version : Which Resort?

Hog
04-28-2011, 11:00 AM
So I was convinced that i wanted to stay at the POP Century for our upcoming trip, but as I was looking around on resort information on Intercot, I saw that the All Star resorts are closer to the parks, which would be a big deal to us. I hate sitting on the bus, or holding my DD on the trip home while she is sleeping and the bus is packed. They are both the same price, so which one would everyone recommend?

PrettyMinnie
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
We really like POP, but I know a lot of people don't care for the themeing. I have stayed at All Star Sports, All Star Music and Pop Century and as far as buses go, I didn't notice much of a difference in travel time between the All Stars and POP. All Star Sports is also a big hit with our family. The buses pick up at All Star Sports first of the three All Stars and the theme is really fun. I highly recommend All Star Sports and POP, to me, can't go wrong!

disneymom15
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
I've never noticed a big difference in travel time either. We've always preferred POP over the All Stars, mostly because it was newer and the food court is great.

wdwaggie
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
My advice is that if you haven't stayed at any of them before, go for AS Sports and then in the evenings, you can easily walk to ASMusic and ASMovies to do some pool hopping and get a feel for those two and then next trip try POP.

As far as the bus ride goes, I doubt you would feel a noticible difference between AS Sports and POP. Just my opinion.

And as a previous poster stated, AS Sports is the first bus stop of the three.

Enjoy, either way, stand behind your decision and have the time of your life!!

joonyer
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
The difference in distance and bus travel time will is so insignificant that it is really irrelevant to the decision of choosing between Pop Century and Allstars. Pop Century is actually a little closer to Epcot & DHS, but with the bus routes the travel times will be almost identical no matter where you are going. Also, At Pop, there is only one stop, but at Allstars, there is a bus stop for each section, so it depends which section you are staying in at AS how soon you will get dropped off at the resort. Again, it will not be enough of a time difference to notice.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
I agree the travel time difference is insignificant. We happen to be some of those rare folks who prefer the All Stars to Pop...so far Movies was our favorite but we haven't stayed at Music yet.

crazygoalie39
04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Like the PPs have said, the bus time difference is very insignificant. I'm pretty sure Pop is actually a little closer to DHS and is definitely closer to Epcot. All Stars are closer to AK though.

magicalmom
04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
If you can score some kind of discount and stay at a moderate ( we looooove POR - Alligator Bayou) you cut your bus time down quite a lot.

pamickeys
04-29-2011, 01:59 PM
you're still taking a bus so it won't matter

catkrazy
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I like POP the best and never found the bus to be too long of a ride personally.

AXOAlum
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
We love Pop! Every time we go we stay there - we did not enjoy staying at ASMu... so much so that we passed on even trying ASMo and Sports.

darthmacho
05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
I would recommend All Stars Music. Colorful and festive, this resort is my favorite of the values!