PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy - How Picked Question

MickeyMom101
04-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi All

Its been about 2 years since we have been down at WDW. I heard a rumor that they changed how they pick the kids at Jedi Training Academy.

Can someone please let me know if they still randomly pick or if there is a line now?

If there is a line, any tips etc?

We have gone through several trips without getting picked, so I am actually hoping there is a line now....

thanks for all the help

KylesMom
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT!

They have indeed changed up the way that kids are "chosen" for the Jedi Training Academy.

At park opening, you need to go directly to the Jedi Training area to pre-register your child. Passes are given out for all shows on a first-come first-serve basis. It is my understanding that your child must be with you during the registration process. If they are not selected for the first show of the day, they will be given a return time later that day.

Good Luck! :mickey:

As an afterthought, I started wondering if you're going to be at Star Wars Weekends. I would definitely ask Guest Relations before park opening if the Jedi Training Academy sign-up will be at the usual location, or if they are changing the location to the stage in front of the Sorcerer's hat.

MickeyMom101
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
thanks for the info

we will be there next week. Hope we can get the boys up there, last few times they were 'unlucky' on the pick, but got over it....

KylesMom
04-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Hope we can get the boys up there, last few times they were 'unlucky' on the pick, but got over it.... Yes, we tried for several years to get DS in the show - back when they only held the training sessions during SWW. He was a real trooper about it each time, but I know that it was a disappointment to him (and to us, I might add).:mickey: May the Force Be With You! :yoda:

biodtl
04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
The last time we were there, BOTH of my kids were lucky enough to get picked. They got on stage, got their robes & lightsabers, and then as it was about to begin, it started to drizzle and it got canceled. They were so sad to get THAT close. DS is a bit too big for the next trip, but DD will want to try again.