PDA

View Full Version : Great Days in a Disney Vacation

MrPeetrie
04-28-2011, 12:44 AM
We all know the entire Disney vacation is a series of great days. But some are just a bit "greater" than others. And some are before you even arrive. Here are a few of mine:

Booking your Vacation! It's official! You have a confirmation number and everything. Now it's time to plan. That's a great day.
Getting that dinner reservation you really want. You've waited by the phone and at 7:00 a.m, you called and got the Cinderella Royal Breakfast! Wow!
The day before you leave. That's such an exciting day. I usually schedule a half day at work so I can finish all the preparations. Then, the whole family goes shopping for "things we'll need on vacation." This is my wife and DD8's favorite shopping day because "Dad-o is too excited to say 'No.'"
Arrival Day! You're here! Yeah!!!
The first FULL DAY ON PROPERTY. Now, the vacation can fully begin. The whole trip lies ahead.
The first time you see each park's "weenie" on the trip. It's like seeing a long-lost relative when you see Cinderella's Castle, the Epcot Ball, Sorcerer Mickey's Hat, or The Tree of Life the first time each trip.
The Big Event. Maybe it was MVMCP. Or Dinner reservations at Le Cellier. Whatever it is. You've been looking forward to it since you booked your trip and now it's here. I hope you brought film.
Your "wing it" Day. You didn't have any reservations. You didn't have any preconceived ideas about what you were doing on this day. Your plan was to wake up on Disney property and go wherever you wanted. Wing it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dizne4me
04-28-2011, 06:18 AM
You are so right! I love everything on the list.
And seeing the park for the first time each trip --it's so special.

PrettyMinnie
04-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I love the list! Especially the Disney shopping except it's just me that can't say "no" to myself! :blush: I would also the magical moments that only really happen at Disney like when your luggage magically arrives in your room from ME or the first time meeting characters. There are so many magical moments and memories I have that can only be found at Disney! Nothing like it!

cer
04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Great list! :thumbsup:

I am going to also add first ride on the monorail or ferry. Love it!

eam
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
And,

The first time you hear:
"Have a Magical Day!"
"Welcome Home"

Great thread.

darthmacho
04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Great thread! Of course, as you say, all WDW days are Great Days, but there are certainly some days that stand out, and here are mine, and why:

WDW Days:

Arrival Day: Don't love the travel, but by gosh, you're finally back in WDW! I love to explore the home resort on this day, and the whole trip is still ahead, so this truly is a special day indeed.
First Park Day: It's got to be MK, and the new tradition is to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast and get into the park early, so that you can get on all of your favorite rides before the crowds get big.
Parade Day: Not even really a fan of parades in general, but WDW parades are different. So far, each of my trips has had a big parade to highlight the entire WDW experience, whether MSEP, Spectro, or the Millenium Parade. This past trip was MSEP, which my kids saw for the first time ever, and loved! :mickey:

Home Days:

Booking Day - The day you've confirmed that, yes, this is going to happen!
ADR Day - You've got those dining reservations you've been planning for weeks, maybe even months, and now you're all set!
Photo Day - You've got you're pictures. I like them best once they're already in the albums...I want to look at mine right now! :mickey:

wdwluv
04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I agree! great list! and the monorail trip would be on my list as well!

I don't remember ever doing the Ferry! I should make that must do on my next trip! :mickey:

cuteduck223
04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
On arrival day, passing through the property gates with the big Walt Disney world. Its like suddenly even the air changes.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I pretty much agree with all you said..

1. Booking trip-It makes it real
2. Making ADRs-Its great when you get all you want.
3. Arrival Day-I get chill bumps when we see that Disneyworld sign and then pull up at our resort.
4. The first day at MK-I love all the parks, but there is just something special about walking in and seeing that castle.

twinboyz
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Great Post! Just reading thru it put a smile on my face and made all those feelings come to mind.:cloud9:

For me there there is no topping walking down Main Street in the morning. We are usually running to our first destination, but this year i want to walk slow hand-in-hand with my loved one and take it all in.:thumbsup:

MarkC
04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not saying its half the fun but its exciting....

Booking the airfare
Making resort reservations
Making ADR's

Driving under the welcome sign
Checking into your resort
Seeing Spaceship Earth
Walking down Main Street
Seeing the smile on my own face (yes, I'm that happy)

PETE FROM NYC
04-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Boy! How I hate posts like this. We are not returning to The World for another 16 months. But I am always planning our next trip, no matter how far off it is. Stuff like who is coming with us, what events we want to see, where we want to try to get ADRs for.
If anticipation was fatal, I would have died years ago.

crltkcagle
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
How's about making that final payment on your trip? LOL Thats a great feeling for us. :laughing:

Dopey's Girl
04-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Great list!

I'm currently enjoying the day before I leave day. I took the whole day off though :0)

teamblackwell
04-30-2011, 12:59 AM
For me, its when the airplane door shuts, and you feel the plane jerk backwards so it can taxi down the runway. Then you KNOW your trip is happening and nothing can stop it.

LVT
04-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Lovely list. I will include scanning this site for tips from like-minded individuals. A treasure trove.:D

MrPeetrie
04-30-2011, 09:00 PM
For me, its when the airplane door shuts, and you feel the plane jerk backwards so it can taxi down the runway. Then you KNOW your trip is happening and nothing can stop it.

I LOVE this time of the trip.

Disney-4-Me
04-30-2011, 09:27 PM
At some point on every trip I look at the castle and I tear up. It just seems so magical!:mickey:

jaredkari
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM
This is a great topic. Of course right after we book our trip we pull out all of our WDW videos (ones we have made and tour videos).

I love the first time you get on the Disney Transport to the park and the first time you hear the announcements.

Also we usually come in off of I-4 by downtown disney and turning left onto property and seeing the sign. Usually have "When you Wish Upon a Star" blaring on the car stereo!!! I LOVE IT!!!!:mickey:

ransam
05-01-2011, 02:38 AM
I love this thread.

so many days before the vacation are fun.
I love the day buying the BIrmham book.
Booking reservations.
I have a countdown calender, and when it's 200, 150, 100 days it's always exciting. then i count down every 25 days, 75, 50, 25.....then down from 10. each day of the countdown mark, i listen to disney music in my office.

the last day i work before i leave, is so exciting, but nothing gets done.

getting on the Magical Express and the movie starts.

I remember one night we din't get in until really late...got to the POP, and then just went to bed. i remember thinking how excited i was that when i work up, it would be the start of my disney vacation.

the first site of the castle, planet earth always brings chills.

Ilovemesomedisneymom
05-01-2011, 07:20 AM
I love this post. Everything that others have listed is exactly what I feel as well.

As I write this I'm thinking this time next week we will be boarding the plane. I couldn't ask for a better mothers day gift (except I wish my oldest DS24 could be joining us).

I can't wait until I walk past the opening gate at MK and I'm standing on Main Street looking down at the Castle. I get that warm cozy feeling knowing for the next week I don't have a care in the world.

Already began the beginning stages of booking a trip for next year.

jaredkari
05-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I have already posted on here but this thread has got my WDW fever worked up and also I am 45 days, 21 hours, 12 mins, 5 seconds, from leaving for WDW (thanks intercot countdown clock).

An earlier post mentioned the night before you get to WDW. We usually drive down and stay at a hotel just off property over by downtown disney for one night the night before we check into our disney resort. I have never gotten a good nights sleep there because just as the WDW commercial shows the kids, I am too excited to sleep. There have been times I have gotten up at 2am, got cleaned up, sat in the bathroom looking at maps trying not to wake my wife up, then eventually go to McDonalds and get breakfast. I love that feeling, I never want to get up for work but man when it comes to WDW I have energy to spare!!:mickey:

LovinWDW
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Great Post! Here are some the the things we look forward to.

1. We always call the "1st ride" the monorail ride at the airport from your gate to baggage claim. (We have arrived)

2. Cinnamon roll at Staring Rolls in Hollywood Studios. Yes, they have them at other locations but these are just the best.

3.I agree, the first monorail ride outside the MK is special.

4. Collecting the new Vinylmation sets. Now we're all hooked.

5. As I'm typing this me 4 yr old daughter just told me she likes to go on Splash Mt and all the rides. (Is there anything better than seeing your kids at Disney?)

6. Eating at Wolfgang Pucks

7. Fireworks Dessert Party

8. Seeing the opening show at MK for the first time on the trip

10 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
With my friends, we like to go to the Oktoberfest in Germany on that first day we get there. Good food and a few big beers help us transition into vacation mode!

YatesMom
05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
We're heading down in about two months, so we've been looking at videos on YouTube of various things...Pop (will be our first stay here), some of the parades, different park tours, etc. Today was one of those Greatest days...DDs 8, 5 and 21 months were viewing the Celebrate Parade from MK and my 21month old actually sat still for 8 minutes watching the entire parade and was waving her chubby little hand saying "Bye" to all the characters at the end. Other destinations just can't top the magic created by Disney...:heart:

lylahsmommy
05-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Planning the trip is almost half the fun! I love watching the different ride previews on WDW's website with my daughter. She has been getting so much excitement from this since she was 2. We also love to watch various WDW behind-the-scenes type shows and Disney movies.

For our upcoming trip, I think I need to sit down and finally watch all of the Star Wars movies!

:yoda: :trooper: :darth:

I definitely have to echo what others have said; driving underneath the sign that welcomes you.... walking down main street towards the castle....

I always love sitting down for a delicious veggie burger at Pecos Bill's.

And, of course, the most phenomenal experience of all is watching my daughter's eyes magically light up throughout the whole trip.

This will be our first trip to Epcot!! Pretty excited about that!!
:mickey:

johnO
05-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Good list

goofygonewild
05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
By far the absolute best time for me is the first day going to the park of choice and watching the kids become more & more excited as we get closer to the entrance. The expression on their faces is priceless and hearing them say "I can see the castle!" in anticipation of a dream come true puts a smile on my face that doesn't come off until we leave. Just watching them at WDW makes my dreams come true!

MILWDIANA
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
On arrival day, passing through the property gates with the big Walt Disney world. Its like suddenly even the air changes.

Love that. :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
07-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Just had another great Disney Day!!! Just passed the 100-days-out mark. 99 days and counting.....
:blush: :blush: :blush:

Fastpasssteve
07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Just the other day our luggage tags and vouchers arrived for Disney's Magical Express!!! Aaaaaaah! The excitement is becoming unmanageable.

dizneydeb22
07-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree with everything in this thread. The only thing I would add is the first time my DS sees Donald Duck. His eyes always light up. It is the highlight of my trip! That is the only character that I will wait on line for everytime we see him. :donald:

MOJoe
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
One of my favorite parts of a Disney trip is the day after i arrive. That first morning when i wake up in The World. I love getting out of the room early, and strolling around my resort for the first time. That's when it really hits me that i am here! :cloud9:

Lizzie
07-11-2011, 04:32 PM
When the airfare is booked because I know we are going for sure.

And for us each step in getting there is an accomplishement. Geting all the kid on the plane buckled with all of their stuff. Getting off the plane and strapped in their strollers. And than surviving transportation from the airport to the hotel. And once we have our room keys its a big sigh of relief that we survived the travel and are now ready for some fun.

MrPeetrie
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
When the airfare is booked because I know we are going for sure.

I SO agree. I just booked my airfare not more than 10 minutes ago.

mousetrapper
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Love the lists! Here are a few of my favorites (I have many!):

Checking into the hotel at the airport the night before we fly out and talking about our trip over dinner that night
Waking up early the morning we fly out -- it's tough waking up that early but knowing we're flying to WDW that day makes it much easier!
Taking the people-mover in MCO airport -- it reminds us of the monorail and we know we'll be on the real thing soon!
That initial rush of cool air in the lobby of the resort along with that familiar Disney smell.
Turning the corner as we walk onto Main Street and see the Castle for the first time on our trip (and watching our DDs -- now 20 and 17 -- get as excited as they were the first time when they were 8 and 5)!

MrPeetrie
07-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Love the lists! Here are a few of my favorites (I have many!):

Checking into the hotel at the airport the night before we fly out and talking about our trip over dinner that night

I LOVE this idea. I'm going to see about adding this to our trip. Thanks!

mousetrapper
07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
07-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Mousetrapper, I presented your idea to my family and they LOVED it. We're doing it this year. Thanks for the idea.

MrPeetrie
07-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Another great day. I just purchased my AP. (This trip is coming together.)

buzznwoodysmom
07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
We've had countless great days in WDW (and planning for our trips) in the past. But for my family there is no greater day in WDW than the first day of our trip. Arriving in WDW after the long drive and all the planning, hearing my kids scream for joy when we pass under that WDW sign, spotting the first monorail, driving up to our resort (no matter which one we are staying at), checking in knowing we have a glorious week ahead of us, exploring our resort or having a swim, taking a spin on the monorail, shopping at monorail resorts, having our traditional first night dinner at Ohana's, and watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly!!!!! No matter what we do on each trip, no matter how great any other day is, that first day always stands out as the greatest!

MrPeetrie
03-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I just booked our upcoming vacation and got our reservation number. That's a great Day!!!

On another note: I was reading a post on another thread and there were so many replies commending Magical Journeys I decided to check them out. Usually, I handle everything myself. (That's part of the fun.) But, I went to their page and filled out a form.

I was contacted immediately by a representative. We corresponded via email several times over a 48-hour period and decided on the best option for me. The representative also suggested a dining option (Table in Wonderland) that will be helpful in saving money on the next trip. I had never even heard about that and I've been an Annual Pass holder since 2000. (I am not a fan of the Dining Plan, even though it is a great value.)

So far, I have nothing but compliments about Magical Journeys.

188 days and counting....
:blush:

EeyoresBestFriend
03-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Fabulous post & list! :thumbsup:

One of the greatest first moments is when we get off the plane and I see the pink neon circle by the terminal monorail. I know then, with my feet firmly in the State of Florida, that I can finally let out that breath I've been holding since I started planning the trip because we made it!! :cloud9:

Cinderelley
03-18-2012, 01:09 AM
I have to add the day that you get the Magical Express package in the mail. That is when I start getting really excited.

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
03-18-2012, 07:54 AM
I LOVE this post! My list in no particular order:

1) Ordering the WDW Vacation Planning DVD - we don't need this but my DD and I can't wait for it to come in the mail and we watch it several times before we leave on vacation - It just gets us all "pumped-up"!

2)My DD and her roommate at college have a countdown till we leave for 'the World'. It happens to coincide with the end of the semester but they are counting down for Disney not the end of finals! LOL!

3)Taking a "newbie" to Disney. This time it is my DD's BFF and roommate. She is one awesome girl and is so excited and grateful that it gives us all smiles!

4) Walking into EPCOT early morning and seeing all the beautiful flowers. (we always go in May for the Flower festival) I could just walk around for hours. It truely gives me and my DH such a GREAT feeling right down to the pit of our stomachs! Hard to explain but I'm sure some of you can relate.

5) Wishes - sometimes get a little teary (so corny):blush:

6) BTW my family makes fun of me for getting on Intercot everyday to check the latest threads. Of course they are always interested when I tell them what I have learned.;) Thanks to all for your insight and knowledge! Can't thank you enough for helping me to feel like I am not the only Disney-nut out there!

56 days and counting!

AJ Springfield
03-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Great thread!! I love all the planning that is done at home. Even the printing of the menus so we can anticipate what we will order at the restaurants.

At WDW...
1. hearing "welcome home"
2. the water smell in the lobby of the Poly
3. the music as you walk into MK
4. the message that is played on the monorail

hmmm, just too many to remember!!!!

MrPeetrie
07-11-2012, 06:29 AM
I just purchased my airline tickets for our September trip. "There's no turning back now!"

That's a great day.

chefmickey3
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
My favorite days are the following:

1. When we are approaching the Disney sign and we realize we are "home". The cheer in the van is electric.

2. The first day we go to the MK and experience chills walking down Main Street for the first time.

3. The day we see the MK entrance show. I always cry.

4. The surprise day - hanging by the pool, discovering something we haven't done or seen before, finding a character with no line that we would love to have a picture with.

Wolf
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Backstory: I've had a absolutely awful week and have been so depressed, after reading this I'm teary eyed (In a good way for a change) thank you all for posting here, I feel like you've all healed my heart abit this morning. <3

Now back to the thread, I think the best days are:
-ANYTIME I get to hear from Terrisue {Magical Journeys :thumbsup:} She always has the best news and makes a alright day fantastic!!
-When we get our care package (The little book with your info they mail you) it just seems soo close then!!
-Today is a great day!! We hit 79 days till we head out!!
-The trip to Target for a few basic things (small tooth pastes, etc)
-When we arrive in MCO and get on the mini-monorail and head to Magical Express I always like to get on that little seat place and just take it all in!!
-I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!! I want to go home and start packing now!!

Gator
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
The day I make ADRs is usually the most fun day before we get there. Booking it is so fast, and the day before we leave is hectic. The travel day has the "getting there" factor, but flying all day is no fun. However, getting up early to get those precious ADRs.... that's fun! And the reason it's fun is because you've spent all this time picking which park you'll hit on a certain day, and now you get to pick out your favorite spots to eat.

It's almost as good as the first day you step into a park. Almost.:thumbsup:

LandFan
07-11-2012, 11:35 AM
When we get on the shuttle to the main terminal in Orlando International. It's our first ride of the trip :party:

Oh, and now that they have an Earl of Sandwich in the Southwest terminal at Philly airport, we will be able to start our vacation REALLY early by eating there right before we get on the plane!!:cloud9:

dizneydeb22
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
4. The surprise day - hanging by the pool, discovering something we haven't done or seen before, finding a character with no line that we would love to have a picture with.

I love this!! I think I'm going to start a new tradition and add "the surprise day" as a page in our photo album!

Thanks!!:thanks:

TheVBs
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Love this thread! :mickey:

In no particular order, some of my favorite days are:

The day we book the package.

The day we get our Disney packet in the mail.

Our arrival day. We usually arrive late afternoon, hang out at the resort, swim, eat.

Our first day in the parks, which is always MK, and it holds all those "first moments" of the trip; first character, first ride.

Any day on the trip where we're getting to try something new.

MrPeetrie
07-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Love this thread! :mickey:

In no particular order, some of my favorite days are:
...Any day on the trip where we're getting to try something new.

TheVBs, we are taking that approach on this trip. We only have ADRs for 7 of our 10-day stay. On the other three "free" days, we plan on trying new stuff. Such as:

Parasailing
Carriage ride
Campfire movie
Blizzard Beach. (Yep. We've never been there in all our visits.)

We want a less-rigid schedule so we can explore more things. Any suggestions would be welcome.

GBBT
07-14-2012, 12:04 PM
When your travel agent e-mails (2 years ago) and tells you FREE DINING has been applied to your package.Hey Denise:hi:

Mrs Bus Driver
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM
The day I book the trip
The day its paid for
Driving through the entry way
Checking in
Waiting for the bus, first day tradition is to take the first bus that comes.:mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Just hit another great day: Just paid off the entire vacation. All that's left is the waiting.

21 days and counting until we leave. This is the most exciting time of all!

Cinderelley
08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Each time I book a room for the friends that are going with me. :D

jnfr2424
08-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Today is a good day I got Mickey Mail!! New luggage tags a photopass card vouchers trip is coming soon YIPPEE!!!:mickey:

MrPeetrie
09-01-2012, 12:50 AM
jnfr2424, I forgot that day. I just received my luggage tags last week. That's another Great Disney Day!

WDWgoofy
09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
I love the planning process as much as visiting (you know how anticipation of the experience can be better than the actual experience)

For me planning is my way of always being at WDW.

During the actual trip, each first viewing is a thrill.
- driving in under the arches
- see the purple road signs
- arriving at the resort, checking-in
- I love to enter Epcot in the late afternoon thru the International Gateway

Its all great

tronco12
09-02-2012, 02:00 AM
One of my favorite parts of a Disney trip is the day after i arrive

tronco12
09-03-2012, 12:11 PM
When we get on the shuttle to the main terminal in Orlando International. It's our first ride of the trip

jnfr2424
09-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Ok I am having a moment listening to Disney music and they are playing the Peter Pan entire ride!
23 more days to go then its off to Neverland!!!

ANG
09-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Finally trying a restaurant that I've been dying to eat.

Eating a mickey krispie.

The first wake up after your first night at the resort when you realize you are truly there and the day before wasn't a dream.

Seeing DS1's face when he sees his favorite characters

Hearing Welcome Home

MrPeetrie
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
With so many "concerned" posts, regarding FastPass+ and its mostly negative ramifications, floating around the boards, I thought I'd resurrect a fun post.

Today is a great day in a Disney Vacation. I just made my deposit for our 2014 trip. I have a confirmation number and everything. It's official. Now, I can update all my countdown timers!

pcoleman
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Great thread. For me its seeing the Shades of Green sign as your driving on resort property. Going to MK that first day and eating my Mickey ice cream bar. That first ride on POC, HM and my DD12 favorite SM. Watching her do anything she sees everything in a different light.

MrPeetrie
02-06-2015, 07:55 PM
I guess we're going to have to add: getting FastPlus+ reservation to our "Great Days" list. The family and I are going to go have dinner somewhere the night before and discuss our itinerary and decide on what rides to reserve. That should be a great day!

Scallywag
02-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Awesome thread! I agree with everything...
I am always the first one up in the mornings. I love drinking a cup of coffee as I pace around outside the room. Walk around a bit and look at the pool while I wait for everyone to get ready. It prevents me from harassing them to hurry up. However, this takes place every morning.
Planning the ADR's as well as booking them
The airports
The Magical Express ride
Checking in and seeing our room the first time
First ride on the shuttle to Epcot ( always our first stop )
Space ship Earth ( always first ride )
MK the first wake up morning. All the smells of the attractions hit you in the face. Love it!
Looking forward to dinner every night and the lights in the parks after dark.
Hours of fun in the pool!
Watching my kids soak up all the fun.

Friends and co-workers don't understand why,
There is no where else I would rather go.:D

Mitzie
02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
So fun! For us planning WDW trips is a hobby..This describes us:
hob·by1
ˈhäbē/Submit
noun
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

DH and I hash over so much in the months between trips.

Closer to the trip-Checking with Chris about the weather! Love Ya Chris.

Once I am there
The Smells! Love the lobby smell and Living with the Land and the entrance to AK park.

The anticipation of where our room will be-what will the view be?

Trying a new restaurant

I LOVE the guys message on the Disney Buses. I know we are there when they tell me "To watch me head and step and take small children by the hand" Just thinking about that brings a smile to my face.

Being in that Disney "Bubble" and saying to DH-This is worth every penny!

MrPeetrie
02-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Another Great Day!

I just purchased our round-trip tickets for the trip!!!

"There's no turning back now!"

SurferStitch
02-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Excellent list, but I'll add one more...

DH and I always drive down, and we always get to WDW the day before our official check-in day. It's like a little treat before the trip officially starts.

We like to stop at the Premium Outlets just outside WDW and do a little shopping. I always hit the White House Black Market outlet and get a few tops/shorts/jeans/accessories. We also like to shop for sneakers for DH. He loves waiting until we get there to buy a pair. He never has issues with breaking them in.

We then check into our 1-night resort (usually a value), change, and then hit Epcot for the night (we have AP's). A great dinner and a relaxing evening always get us psyched to get up bright and early and check-in at our vacation resort the next morning!

That "pre-day" is an awesome day!

MrPeetrie
02-24-2015, 04:00 PM
SurferStitch, I love it.

We do something similar and we got the idea right here on intercot.

The night before departure, we stay in a hotel near the airport. We have dinner (Joe's Crab Shack,) shop (Target,) and get a jump on the trip. In the morning, the hotel will take us to the airport. It's. Way to add one extra day to the trip.

I tell me daughter all the time: at that point, the trip is still perfect.

Maddie
02-26-2015, 03:15 PM
One of my favorites is linking up everything on -My Disney Experience. I love planning the vacation it is half the fun for me so MDE is a dream come true.

-Next, just arriving at the Orlando airport. I am from the North so seeing the palm trees is exciting.

-Driving onto Disney property.

-The first day you step into one of the Disney parks

-The first time you see the castle!

-Picking up our RunDisney packets, I always try to plan my trip during a race!

-Eating your favorite meal.

texas211
02-28-2015, 08:38 PM
We love the:
-"Welcome home"
-Arriving and seeing the purple Disney resort sign.
-Our first day at the MK. Always MK.

MrPeetrie
04-09-2015, 05:13 PM
I've had several "Great Days in a Disney Vacation" in a row.

Ten days ago, I made nearly ALL of my desired ADRs for the upcoming trip. Such a great morning when desired times pop up.

We purchased our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets yesterday. (This trip is coming together nicely.)

And today, that beautiful Magical Express envelope arrived. This household is busting with anticipation.

There's a lot of excitement building prior to departure day. I think that's part of the allure.

Priority Four
04-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Great thread! Taking someone on their first visit is fantastic.

We also do this thing for about two months out where someone will say 'Oh man!" or "I can't believe this!" or something similar to get a response of "What's wrong?" The reply is "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

It gets harder to catch someone the more it goes on.

My adult kids are coming over tonight. I am going to put the hood up on my truck and look around in there when they come up the driveway and wait for someone to ask.

It's going to be epic

#1donaldfan
04-10-2015, 12:47 PM
For me it's actually waking up the first morning on property, before daylight, to run along the river between the FQ and Riverside. There is no better feeling for me.....:thumbsup:

manutd1
04-10-2015, 03:15 PM
We always have a GREAT time...Never anything to complain about...(and after all. This is America we have nothing to complain about!!) And WDW always gives us everything we expected. With all the poo pooing and complaining about things ....I love an up beat positive thread!!:thumbsup: I mean really, who can complain bout Disney?
In the end we love the fight to WDW and of course opening that resort door on the first day!!

manutd1
04-10-2015, 03:16 PM
For me it's actually waking up the first morning on property, before daylight, to run along the river between the FQ and Riverside. There is no better feeling for me.....:thumbsup:
I love that path!!! :thumbsup:

Cinderelley
04-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Great thread! Taking someone on their first visit is fantastic.

We also do this thing for about two months out where someone will say 'Oh man!" or "I can't believe this!" or something similar to get a response of "What's wrong?" The reply is "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

It gets harder to catch someone the more it goes on.

My adult kids are coming over tonight. I am going to put the hood up on my truck and look around in there when they come up the driveway and wait for someone to ask.

It's going to be epic

Lol This sounds amazing. How did it go?

Cinderelley
04-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I went to the mailbox this morning and found an envelope from Debbie at Magical Journeys (complete with a picture of Mickey next to her name :)) which held my DME luggage tags. :party: