PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Highlights

Snow's Mom
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
What is "not to be missed" in the World Showcase? We've done Kidcot, KimPossible, eaten at many different restaurants, done the rides...

I'm always a little overwhelmed by how much there is to see. What are your favorite things to do? I want to approach things a little differently next time.

jcvalenti
04-30-2011, 11:12 AM
For our group, World Showcase is more about a fun leisurely stroll around the park, rather than a "to do" list.

Usually our visits to Epcot feature the adults strolling around the lagoon, drinking and eating, while the kids entertain themselves. We rarely do Kidcot, but Kim Possible was a welcome distraction for the 7 - 12 year olds.

Our "not to be missed" highlights always include:

A Black and Tan at the Rose & Crown
Chocolate Croissants at the French Bakery
An Elephant Ear in the American Pavillion
A visit to take pictures of the Goldfish in Japan
Some hard to find German Pinot Noir from the wine bar hidden in Germany
Maelstrom !

LVT
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM
We go often when in WDW. Illuminations, Mission space, food and Soaring are my primary choices.
Tier 2 : Voices of Liberty, off kilter and the American adventure film.
Tier 3: China exhibit; Japan drummers and store; Norway ride and stave church; Small performances like the street theater in England;

HackLaSalle
04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the Wine Walk has become a must do for us. A nice refreshing flight of wine in Germany, Italy and France. You get to sample all the cultures which is what WS is all about.

mainemajor
04-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Our favorite can't miss things that are
Off Kilter in Canada
The drummers in Japan
Wine in France, Italy, Germany and beer in America and Great Britan.
and of course Illuminations. We love relaxing stroll around World Showcase after Illuminations. It is so beautiful and if you don't get caught up in the rush to leave as soon as Illuminations is over it is SO enjoyable and not to be missed.

Disney-4-Me
04-30-2011, 09:48 PM
For a family of history lovers the American Adventure is our favorite.:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
04-30-2011, 11:03 PM
So many people flee the park before the fireworks at the end of the day. What a mistake! I love Illuminations; please stay.

They sell delicious alcoholic slushies in France. While you're there in France, please take some time to go to the Bakery. Great sandwiches and sweets! Lovely.

I love the Celtic band, "Off Kilter" and the British band, "The British Invasion." Make time for these shows. Daily performances are on the paper available at the gate.

Enjoy.

kemps@wdw
05-01-2011, 12:20 AM
we like to slowly enjoy the World Showcase. Oh, sure, we do the standards in Future World...Soarin, Mission Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and yes, even Universe of Energy. But the real draw for us is the "tour" of countries where we eat and drink our way around the World. It's a plus when we catch an Off Kilter performance and we like relaxing w/a cold one back in the gardens of UK and listening to The British Invasion. Even after all our visits to the World, we find ourselves exploring the WS a little more and discovering things we missed before. And, of course, Illuminations is a must! And afterwards, take your time leaving. What's the rush?

ransam
05-01-2011, 02:30 AM
i love the chinese street performers.
the nut roll in norway is awesome....

johnO
05-01-2011, 08:50 PM
A Black & Tan at Rose and Crown sounds great!

magicalmom
05-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Is the wine walk an official event?

biodtl
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
My kids really enjoyed doing the passports. They weren't too expensive (maybe around $10?) and they come with a real-looking passport, a pin, and sticker representing each country that you put on that country's page in the passport. You go to each country and there are CMs who will write something in them in their native language. My kids especially loved the countries with a different alphabet (China, Japan, Morocco), because they got their names written in that language.

HackLaSalle
05-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Is the wine walk an official event?

Yeah the Wine Walk is an official event. You can buy the package at any of the three countries and it gets you a flight of 4 wines in each country.

BrerGnat
05-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I like to stroll to the back of most of the pavilions. There are lots of hidden treasures that you can't see from the main walkway. :secret: Beautiful gardens, hidden food places, shops, fountains, etc.

The garden railway exhibit in Germany is really amazing. It's fun to just watch the miniature train go around the village.

The Koi Ponds and gardens (with all the water features) in Japan are beautiful and serene.

The "maze" made out of hedges and flowers in the UK pavilion is a great photo spot, and fun for kids. Also, in that toy store in U.K., there is a train table for kids to play with as well as a "secret" Winnie the Pooh meet and greet area.