PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dinner package- worth it??

Mysttree
04-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello All,
We are planning a trip in Nov.- it is my understanding that they are only showing Fanstasmic like twice a week...and that the lines can get VERY long.
I'd like your input on this. At that time of year does it make sense to get the dinner package? I've attended in the past without too much trouble, but times have changed.
TIA for your help!

CleveRocks
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
The Fantasmic Dinner Package doesn't cost a penny more than the price of dinner. So if you were going to have a table-service meal anyway, then it's definitely "worth it" because it's not costing you anything extra.

magicalmom
04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Plus, they reserve a section of seats for the dinner package - so you know you'll have a spot waiting. Both times we did the package, the seats were on the right side of the house - so you're looking at much of the action fro the side. That being said, the show is intelligently crafted; there is a water screen right in front of the house right section, and you see all the action nicely. We did not feel deprived.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2011, 06:49 AM
We've always done the package, and it is just so nice not having to wait for hours before the show.

We figure, like a PP says, we're going to eat a TS meal anyways, so it might as well be the package to make Fantasmic a bit easier.

PETE FROM NYC
04-29-2011, 04:41 PM
We did the dinner package a few years back. When we went to see Fantasmic, we were turned away. They said that the seats for the package were full. The regular line was blocks long. We had to wait for the later showing to see it.

crltkcagle
04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I think its worth it. Those lines can get a bit crazy.

CleveRocks
05-01-2011, 09:55 AM
We did the dinner package a few years back. When we went to see Fantasmic, we were turned away. They said that the seats for the package were full. The regular line was blocks long. We had to wait for the later showing to see it.

Just curious ... did you show up more than 45 minutes before showtime (as is stated on the voucher) or were you later than that?

whitney37354
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
It was worth it for us. We ate an early dinner, shopped a little afterward, then headed on in to see if we could be seated early (probably 45/1 hr. before the show.) No problem getting in (don't lose that golden ticket!), got our pick of seats, & I got snacks for us while DH & DD camped out at our seats. If you leave your seat, just be sure to take the ticket with you so you can get back to your seat. We had to show our tickets to the CMs more than once because there were a couple of people without the tickets who were refusing to move. They eventually moved, and probably had to stand in back to watch the show, since the place was full by the time they decided to cooperate.:mickey:

BWayGrl
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
My mom and I took advantage of it one time, and it was nice. We usually like to get a seat in the middle towards the front (so we can feel the spray from the water fans and the heat from the fire :mickey:) but with the reserved seating, we were placed all the way to the right. It was fine though. The show is still the same from any angle! And it was much easier to get out when the show was over.

Cinderelley
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I will ALWAYS do the dinner package. I have used it for all of my trips except the last one. We took one look at the line last time, my friend called it "masstasmic", and we skipped the show. I will never do that again.

DisneyDoug2
05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
The real benefit to the package is the ability to avoid the large general attendance crowd. You get to go in 30-45 minutes before they open the gates for the masses. Even those the tickets say reserve seating there is really no crowd control after the rope drops so even the reserve seating becomes general, so make sure you get there on time.

Laughin' place
05-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Sounds unanimous so far. I have never gone without the package. I dont see much downside, perhaps maybe the limited number of eateries. Of course, Studios is sort of limited in that regard anyway. I say, go for it :thumbsup:

Mickey91
05-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello All,
We are planning a trip in Nov.- it is my understanding that they are only showing Fanstasmic like twice a week...and that the lines can get VERY long.
I'd like your input on this. At that time of year does it make sense to get the dinner package? I've attended in the past without too much trouble, but times have changed.
TIA for your help!

We don't do the dinner package anymore. We found we like the general seating view much better. The package seats are to the far right of the stage. I much prefer a center seat and if you have to show up early anyway, why not get a better view?

CleveRocks
05-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I much prefer a center seat and if you have to show up early anyway, why not get a better view?
But there's showing up early and there's showing up early.

If it's a crowded night for Fantasmic (which, in my experience, absolutely can't be predicted by time of year), you might have to queue up 2+ hours before showtime to get a decent seat, versus 45 minutes before showtime for the FDP reserved seating.

KylesMom
05-11-2011, 12:06 AM
But there's showing up early and there's showing up early.

If it's a crowded night for Fantasmic (which, in my experience, absolutely can't be predicted by time of year), you might have to queue up 2+ hours before showtime to get a decent seat, versus 45 minutes before showtime for the FDP reserved seating.
:ditto:
Can't say how much we've appreciated the package over the years. Now that shows are limited, I can't even imagine waiting in the lines that Fantasmic brings. We really enjoy our dining at Mama Melrose, BTW. It's a re-re-repeat moment for our family to spend the time there before our Fantasmic experience!