PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Won't Let Me Get on Facebook Now...

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Could anybody out there help me, please? This is the second time this has happened. Last time, it needed to be updated, and I did it, and it was fine. This time it says everything IS updated, and it just goes back to the main screen every time I click on the app. I was downloading several pix, since my son is out of town, to let him see the baby girl. Battery was getting low, then the little scrolling thing appeared and it went down. Charged up, turned off and on a couple of times---I don't know what else it wants!!!!!:confused:
Everything else is working fine. FB on computer is fine.

sgdisney
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I had Facebook freeze up on me once on my iPhone and ended up deleting the app, and then reinstalling it and then it was fine. Good luck.

PirateLover
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Facebook app is notoriously buggy. Try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work, delete and reinstall the app.

mook3y
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
try rebooting phone not just shutting it off.

hold power and home (little square) button down at same time for about 10 seconds.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
I appreciate all the advice--I'm trying! Did reboot it. Nope. So, ok, I am not techy at all, and my DD put everything on this phone:blush:. So, I've clicked on App store, and I want to delete to reinstall, but I'm not seeing how to delete. "already installed" shows up in faint letters......:confused:
:help:

ElenitaB
04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Mine's working fine.

To delete an app, instead of tapping it, "hold the icon down" (sounds exceedingly weird). It will start to "shake" a bit and a black circle with a white "x" in it will appear in the upper left corner of the app's icon. Click on the "x" and you delete the app. Then you can reinstall it from the App store.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Mine's working fine.

To delete an app, instead of tapping it, "hold the icon down" (sounds exceedingly weird). It will start to "shake" a bit and a black circle with a white "x" in it will appear in the upper left corner of the app's icon. Click on the "x" and you delete the app. Then you can reinstall it from the App store.

:thanks:
Thank you so much! Trying now. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Well I got it deleted, now I clicked on the Facebook app thing, but nothing happens. ?

Ian
04-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Something sounds like you might have missed a step.

After you deleted it, did you go the app store, download it, and install it again?