PDA

View Full Version : Pay extra for HDDR?

yellen97
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
We just booked our flights for the first week of August woo hoo!!:cloud9:

Now I have to plan our dining, and have a dilema. We are getting the basic dining plan so we will have one TS per day. We will do CRT and would like to try the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. So, since this will burn FOUR credits between the two meals, what do you all suggest.....should we use up four credits, or pay cash for one of these meals, verses paying cash for the other TS meals we will lose by using this many credit sfor 2 meals?

Also, is it worth to upgrade for category 1 seating at HDDR?

One more question, my girls have been to CRT twice, should we dare doing the princess meal in Epcot instead??

thanks for the advice!!

cuteduck223
04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
We liked the princess meal at epcot a lot (my DDs 14 and 2). We didn't feel that other than the thrill of eating IN THE CASTLE--CRT was worth 2 credits. If you've done it twice, you can probably save the credit and go to epcot. we got our main picture with belle (though i think they may rotate princesses) and then we saw ariel, snow white and cinderella at our table. There might have been another...but i really don't remember.

HDDR is a really great show: corny, fun, really engaging. In my opinion, it is worth 2 credits.

If you have any TS that are breakfasts, I would pay those out of pocket as they are typically the cheapest.

alpro2
04-27-2011, 03:44 PM
We like the HDDR and we pay for this out of pocket (usually just charge it at the time I make the ADR). We then use the extra TS credit for a signiture restaurant (or in your case, you can use it for CRT).

The show is fun. Cat 1 will get you on the floor where there is interaction with the cast.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-27-2011, 04:23 PM
I would pay for HDDR out of pocket and don't think its worth paying for tier 1....

Goes4FastPass
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
I would pay out of pocket rather than use 2 credits but I am not as sure as others that HDDR itself is worth what it costs. The show is cute. The food is good. The cost is considerable.

bytheway, ALL tiers of seating get cast interaction.

DizneyRox
04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Neither CRT or HDDR are a good value to use 2 dining credits on. I would pay OOP for both, but I don't do the dining plan in general.

At the HDDR, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Are some better than others? Maybe, but I've been everywhere from front and center to bancony, etc and never thought the view was bad.

We go at least once per trip...