PDA

View Full Version : Limited kids menu on Quick Service DDP

crmark1
04-27-2011, 07:33 AM
My 6 yo son will starve to death eating what is offered on the Kids QS DDP. Does Disney keep track of kids and adult dining credits or just the total number of credits?

princessgirls
04-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I have not ever used the QS Dining, so I can't give a 100% for sure answer.

However, I can offer you this suggestion, there are different options at QS locations around the world, For example in Epcot, in World showcase has many quick service locations, where you can find different offerings and share your meal with your son. Chicken nuggets, pizza and burgers can get old, you can get creative and try different places. I can tell you that Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot, has great choices for kids and adults.
Julie:mickey:

floridamom
04-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I believe they do keep track of each. We have friends who purchased an adult plan for their almost-8 year old.

DizneyRox
04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
If you are needing adult meals for a child, you need to have them on the package as adults. This will incur an extra cost on the tickets too.

BrerGnat
04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Your six year old will not starve to death. Have you already been to Disney with him? Both of my kids ate like birds the entire week we were at WDW for the first time. They were so overwhelmed that they were just never hungry. We had to practically force them to eat.

We found the kids meals to be VERY adequate for our kids, both of whom normally have pretty big appetites.

You can always supplement with some additional snacks during the day (out of pocket).

When on the dining plan, you shouldn't really expect to NEVER spend money out of pocket on food. Try to build in an "extras" food budget. Even an extra $100 per week should cover any additional snacks you need to purchase.

biodtl
04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
My 6 yo son will starve to death eating what is offered on the Kids QS DDP.
Is it the selection that you are concerned about or the amount of food?

Mickey'sGirl
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
The selection is dismal, indeed! One of the many reasons we avoid the dining plan.

BrerGnat
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Is it the selection that you are concerned about or the amount of food?

Oh, guess I didn't think about it this way.

OP, if the selection is the issue, why did you get the QS dining plan in the first place?

If it's a food amount issue, there are several CS places that have larger portions for kids. Sunshine Seasons is a great one offhand.