PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh

Sunshine1010
04-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Soooooo.....my reservation is for Fri. Nov. 11-20. November 11th is Veteran's Day.

I found a little info....but was hoping ya'll expertise could shed a light on something.....

Are there usually discounts associated with Veteran's Day (free dining, etc.)?...or do the discounts start before and after Veteran's Day.

I'm willing to add on a day (the 10th) if need be.

Heeeeeeelp! I'm really wanting a discount (even though I know they aren't guaranteed). And I'm scared I've put us in a 'black hole' of the dreaded 'blackout dates'.

I guess I'm wanting to also know if Veterans Day has ever been included in a discount

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I checked WDW Historic Discounts (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/discounts/historicdiscounts.asp) in the Info Central section and it appears there are often discounts in that date range. Kids are still in school and that one added day off in the week doesn't often result in big crowds at WDW. It's a good time to go. Though it's traditionally also "Jersey Week" and some northeast schools have more than just Veteran's Day off that week, it still works out to be moderate, not high, crowds for the most part. So it's not one of the periods that gets shut out of discounts like Easter or Christmas.