PDA

View Full Version : ADR's: It was tough but we didit

gregf71
04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone else ever experience something like this...

Logged on at 3am PST (6am EST), linked to my resort reservation and dining plan and then tried to get an ADR for CRT. My date and time were available, so I selected it and completed the credit card form, finally clicking on the final confirmation button. The request processed and then an error message appeared. I tried several more times and the same error message each time. Finally, I tried to make an ADR at another location and the site logged me out. Again, I tried this several times too and had the same consistant result.

Waited until 4am PST and called Disney Dining. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I got a very nice CM to help me. We made all 14 of our ADRs, including CRT (thank goodness), but when she went to save them and assign the confirmation numbers, she said, "Uh oh." All 14 ADRs gone! Quickly, we did them again, saving them in small groups this time and it worked...with only a few time alterations.

In the end it all worked out, but sheesh!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I am so sorry you had such a crazy time!!

I've had issues with the Disney site, including, like you being all of a sudden logged out in the middle of trying to save an ADR. Very frustrating.

But, I am really glad it all worked out for you. :eat:

AllDisney
04-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Glad that everything worked out & you got what you wanted:thumbsup:

goofygonewild
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
So what is the best way to make an ADR? sounds like it may be better to call.

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
I think they had some upgrades this past weekend, or maybe last weekend... So maybe there is an ongoing issue... Though, I log and sometimes my ADRs and hotel reservations are not there... The resort ressies stay on the DVC member site, but on Disneyworld.com, they disappear every once in a while...

mudpuppysmom
04-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I think they had some upgrades this past weekend, or maybe last weekend... So maybe there is an ongoing issue... Though, I log and sometimes my ADRs and hotel reservations are not there... The resort ressies stay on the DVC member site, but on Disneyworld.com, they disappear every once in a while...

Yep, I have had this happen to me too....in fact last week I tried several times to book Chef Mickeys and it took me two days b/c I can't wait on hold for 20-30 minutes with a 2 yr old in the house -- he just does not let me on the phone that long!:mickey:

forever a child
04-26-2011, 08:13 PM
I have had this type of issue when I used Safari...so I switched to foxfire and no problems. Sorry you had the issues but glad you got your adr's you wanted!

Dopey's Girl
04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
This happened to me last weekend. I was trying to get a ressie @ Kona for next Tuesday. I could pick the time I wanted, then it would clock and then boot me out. I finally got what I wanted, but I had to try numerous times!

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
In January, we made approximately 13 ADRs on-line for a July vacation without a hitch at our 180 day mark. We then did day-by-day reservations for the rest of the ADRs we wanted when we arrived at the 180 day mark.

The only thing I needed to call on was our LeCellier dinners, of which I don't think we were able to book online because it was changing from one TS credit to two, and they wanted to ensure patrons knew about this if they were on the Dining Plan. We pretty much did the same on-line booking thing in 2009, except it was a bit different system then with the old online dining program.

It could be a bunch of things - computer upgrade, F&W Festival patrons trying to book their dining, or folks making their ADRs in hopes that "Free Dining" will be offered during this timeframe.

In the end, I'm just glad you were able to get those ADRs in place that you wanted! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Glad you were able to get all your ADRs, but what an ordeal!! Sorry you had to deal with that.

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 01:46 AM
I've had problems both times I've tried to use the online dining reservation site. I gave up quickly and called each time. I love talking to the friendly cast members anyway so I really didn't mind.:mickey: