PDA

View Full Version : fairy ring outside Haunted Mansion

TraciSh
04-26-2011, 04:05 PM
I read that there is a fairy ring in the pavement formed by paving stones just beyond the well. It is where a huge oak tree was that they had to remove to put the fast pass machines in. It says that if you stand in the middle of the fairy ring on the night of a full moon and call out "Leota" three times, she will come briefly to one of the upper windows of the mansion with her candle. Does anyone know if this is true? Do you know if it will work when the moon looks full or only on the one night that the calendar says it is a full moon? Thanks for you help. :chest:

Pirate Granny
04-26-2011, 04:19 PM
There are no fast pass machines in that area???

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
There are no fast pass machines in that area??? There used to be - to the left under the shaded area as you line up in the "old" queue. They removed the FP machines some time ago, if I recall correctly. Haven't seen the new HM queue yet, so I don't know if this area is still there.

To the O/P, I know there is a lot of strange lore with regard to the outside of HM, but I've never heard this one before . . .

WDWdriver
04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I never heard of a "fairy ring" at HM before. I suspect that you would get a lot of stares if you were standing near the mansion during a full moon and yelling for Leota.

Of course there was a long-standing legend about Madame Leota's ring embedded in the concrete outside the ride's exit. That ring was nothing more than the remains of a crowd control stanchion that had been cut away, and it was covered over in 2007.

But now there is a new ring that can be found in the concrete near the sea captain's tomb in the new interactive queue. This one is intentional - a nod to the old Madame Leota ring story. The new ring is said to belong to Constance Hatchaway, the Black Widow Bride, who murdered her five husbands in the mansion.

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Of course there was a long-standing legend about Madame Leota's ring embedded in the concrete outside the ride's exit. That ring was nothing more than the remains of a crowd control stanchion that had been cut away, and it was covered over in 2007. When DS was younger, we used to make him find it every time just for a little "extra storytelling experience". We looked for it once the refurb was complete, and could never find it again!:hmghost:

By the way, Traci - Welcome to INTERCOT!

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Just noticed this is your first post! Welcome to Intercot! You are going to love it here!:cloud9:

dbhpsu
04-28-2011, 08:07 AM
During our Key's to the Kingdom tour back in January, someone asked about the ring. Our wonderful tour guide Claire advised it was removed because it was causing problems with people stopping and interupting the flow of people. Which was unsafe. Which if you've done the keys tour, you know safety is one of the 4 keys.

Ryan Towle
04-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Just to let you guys know, "the ring" that was there before, was just the bottom of a sawed-off post near the exit crypt, and was eventually paved over. HOWEVER. the imagineers have listened to the fans rumors and have actually placed a real ring in the ground during this new queue expansion, but it's not a "fairy ring" haha, it's supposed to be the bride's ring.

crltkcagle
04-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I never heard this one before but I know I am going to try it and see what happens. It will be something fun and different to do with the kids.