PDA

View Full Version : room selection at concierge level of animal kingdom

Soph and Han's Mom
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
our first stay at this lovely resort...anyone have 'insider info' on the rooms? some better than others? any requests i should forward to the concierge desk? i know there is certainly no guarantee of a particular room, but it can't hurt to ask:mickey:

thanks folks!

TammiMcMan
04-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Are you in a standard concierge room or DVC concierge? If standard, then you may want to request something close to the elevator. Otherwise, it can be a little bit of a hike, down the hallway and then up the elevator to the club level lounge.

hlkeck
05-02-2011, 12:48 PM
some rooms are on the same floor as the concierge area, some aren't and you have to take the stairs. Try to get the same floor (I've stayed there twice, but blanking on it...I think 5th floor?). Some have views of the savannah, some of the pool. Savannah views are better. The pool was closed when i had a pool view and it was blah. LOVE AKL Concierge! It's really fantastic. have fun!

TammiMcMan
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
some rooms are on the same floor as the concierge area, some aren't and you have to take the stairs.Only DVC club level rooms are on the same floor. Standard concierge rooms are on the 4th floor and with those, there's a 99.9% chance of a savannah view.

Soph and Han's Mom
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
thanks for the info!

we are not dvc members, so i suppose we'll be on the 4th floor? glad to hear my chances of a savanah view room are good!

can't wait to surprise my girls with this trip...i think i've only got about 40 days to go:mickey:

EJS-Houston
05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
some rooms are on the same floor as the concierge area, some aren't and you have to take the stairs. Try to get the same floor (I've stayed there twice, but blanking on it...I think 5th floor?). Some have views of the savannah, some of the pool. Savannah views are better. The pool was closed when i had a pool view and it was blah. LOVE AKL Concierge! It's really fantastic. have fun!

I'm very excited to hear this. We're there in November and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time. We have Arusha Savannah view rooms. Can anyone explain the difference between Savannah view and Arusha Savannah view to me?

nifty48
05-04-2011, 06:08 PM
We were there Sept 2010. We booked a savanna view room but when we checked in they upgraded us to a concierge level room. What a wonderful surprise and we were so happy to receive the upgrade. We really enjoyed the concierge lounge and treats but we did have a hike from our room 4309.

What really disappointed us was the number of animals seen on the savanna. We stayed at AK in Sept of 2006 and the number of animals seen was amazing but this time we felt we saw very few. Not sure I would book a savanna room again.