PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

cjdami
04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Has anyone heard anything about fastpass for when Star Tours opens the weekend of 5/20?? We will be there and I know the old attraction had fast pass, we are hoping the new one will too, but I can't find anything.

Thanks to any information!! :mickey:

RBrooksC
04-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I am sure this ride will have Fast Pass, especially for the Star Wars Weekends.

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
:ewok: On the revamped "Star Tours - The Adventure Continues" section of the Disney website, FastPass Service is listed as available for this attraction, so no worries there.

However, I would guess that they're going to go QUICK, kind of like Toy Story Mania FPs, for no less than the first couple of months . . .

RBrooksC
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
For Star Wars Weekends, one is going to need to make a decision. Does one want to do TSM or Star Tours? Because either way, one is going to have to wait in a line.

MOJoe
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
There is a rumor floating on some of the sites that have detailed all aspects of the new attraction, that opening weekend, Fastpass will not be available for Star Tours 2.
Just a rumor. But it might as well be true, as if the Fastpass machines are working, they will most certainly by exhausted within the first hour or so after park opening.
Also, there is an opening ceremony scheduled for May 20th. So the ride may not be available that morning, until the Big Suits cut the ribbon.

MarkC
04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Another question-- any rumors of a soft opening? We've been fortunate to have been on a few of those over the years. Just curious.

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Not to hiijack the original post, but I am really surprised with the lack of detailed information Disney has released for SWW in general. I know rumors are abound on both the Star Wars & other Disney sites, but I'm absolutely flabbergasted that a more concrete guest list & schedule has not yet been released a month out! We've never based our SWW trips by the celebrity guests that are lined up, but I know that many die-hard fans do.

MOJoe
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Another question-- any rumors of a soft opening? We've been fortunate to have been on a few of those over the years. Just curious.

From what i have heard, the first simulator was installed last weekend. Cast Member training has just begun. There are 5 more simulators coming, but maybe only 3 will be operational by May 20th. All that said, if there will be a soft opening, you could only expect it to be for a few days before the official opening. Reason being, they need as much time as possible to install the remaining simulators.

joanna71985
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
For FP- I would be shocked if they were offered the opening weekend (as lines are being estimated as high as 4+ hours).

For soft openings- unfortunately it isn't looking too promising (it could happen, but not looking too good right now).

AXOAlum
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
We'll be there too, cjdami - along with half the free world it seems! lol

I agree that everything has been so sketchy regarding the opening of SW. I hope it is all worth it! :mickey:

Jared
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
:ewok: On the revamped "Star Tours - The Adventure Continues" section of the Disney website, FastPass Service is listed as available for this attraction, so no worries there.

However, I would guess that they're going to go QUICK, kind of like Toy Story Mania FPs, for no less than the first couple of months . . .

Let's hope your right. That would mean the attraction is worth riding!

joanna71985
04-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, another reason they would go fast is because no one has ridden the new version yet (so everyone will be wanting to ride).

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, another reason they would go fast is because no one has ridden the new version yet (so everyone will be wanting to ride).

Exactly - and with the tantalizing post Mufasa left us with a few months back, I for one am really jazzed to see the new Star Tours!

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 12:16 AM
I hope most of the craziness dies down by our trip in October. Wishful thinking huh?

joanna71985
04-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Exactly - and with the tantalizing post Mufasa left us with a few months back, I for one am really jazzed to see the new Star Tours!

Well, for me, I will be doing my riding either first thing, last thing, and/or with a FP

lylahsmommy
05-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all! :mickey:

I'm in the midst of planning our (typically) annual Disney trip for my daughter's 5th birthday, which happens to be May 22nd. We're doing the Wild 4 pass from 5/19-5/22. We're doing Epcot on Sunday, and we were planning to do Animal Kingdom on Thursday and then Magic Kingdom/DHS on Friday/Saturday.

Well, after a little bit of research, I noticed that the grand opening of the new Star Tours ride is that weekend. Which is very cool in some ways, but very not cool in others.

Which day do you think will be less crowded at DHS that weekend? Friday or Saturday? I'd LOVE it if we could go Thursday instead and avoid the madness all together... but then we'd miss out on one of my favorite rides: Star Tours (and it's completely revamped!).

I'm just a little bummed and trying to figure out what would be best. What would you guys do?

I was hoping to get there incredibly early and then rush over to the Fast Pass area... but if it's like you guys are anticipating, and there is no FP offered that weekend.... well, there goes that plan.

Hmph... what to do...

Anyway, nice to meet you guys, again. You all seem like a sweet bunch of people. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm going down in July. I believe the lines will still be crazy for this attraction. Patience...breathe...love...

NJGIRL
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all! :mickey:

:welcome: to INTERCOT!

KylesMom
05-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Which day do you think will be less crowded at DHS that weekend? Friday or Saturday?

Welcome to INTERCOT, lylahsmommy! :mickey:

Usually I would recommend Friday as being less crowded for Star Wars Weekends, but not this year with the opening day of Star Tours 2.0. My suggestion would be to get to the park before 7 am on Saturday (Park Opening Time is 8 am) so that you can be somewhat close to the opening rope drop. Whether FPs will be available or not, the closer to the front of the line you are, the better your odds will be that you won't be stuck in a 2-hour line - or a massive Fastpass backup.

Good luck! :yoda:

lylahsmommy
05-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks NJgirl and Kylesmom for the warm welcome! :mickey:

Before I read your post (kylesmom), I had decided on going to DHS on Friday and getting there at 7am, running straight to Fastpass to get our 3 passes when they open, then doing everything else while we wait for our time. Then we were going to do MK on Saturday since it's open a few hours later (1am as opposed to 11pm the night before).

Do you think MK will be much more crowded on Saturday and DHS much more crowded on Friday. If so, we might have to swap those two days. MK is definitely my favorite so I was trying to save the "best for last." Though it's not exactly the last since we're ending the trip at Epcot on Sunday.

Anyway, thank you for your response, gave me more to think about!! :D

Does anyone know of the closest spot to head for before they drop the rope at DHS? I know of the spot in DisneyLAND, but nowhere else, lol.

Thanks, again!! :mickey:

joanna71985
05-03-2011, 05:07 PM
You'll want to stay to the left for Star Tours

Ramblingman
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Intercot.

Good luck. We are arriving on that Friday afternoon but are waiting until Sunday to do DHS, hopefully to avoid as much of the crowd as possible. DD loves her some Star Wars, so we have to do the opening weekend. I'm just hoping for lots and lots of patience. :trooper:

Melanie
05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
INTERCOT just got an invitation to the media event on Thursday evening, the 19th. We'll be tweeting (www.twitter.com/INTERCOT) all the excitement live! :yoda:

KylesMom
05-06-2011, 10:05 AM
INTERCOT just got an invitation to the media event on Thursday evening, the 19th. We'll be tweeting (www.twitter.com/INTERCOT) all the excitement live! :yoda:

YAY! Too cool, Mel! :mickey:

AXOAlum
05-06-2011, 01:09 PM

What time do you want me there? :cool:

sgdisney
05-06-2011, 01:18 PM
What time do you want me there? :cool:

:ditto:I just happen to be arriving on the 19th and plan on heading to DHS for the day after we get there. ;)

Pop Centurion
05-06-2011, 08:11 PM
That's awesome Mel. I'll be sure to tune in on twitter.

LudwigVonDrake
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Two more months and I can ride the new Star Tours :chewy: