PDA

View Full Version : Disney Credit Card use.

jake
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I signed up for a Disney credit card to take advantage of the free $250 Disney dollars and some park perks. Can you use the Dis dollars for food?

KylesMom
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Not sure what the offer is, but are they offering $250 in actual Disney Dollars or $250 in bonus Disney Rewards Dollars on your Rewards card?

We've successfully utilized Disney Dollars at most all Disney-owned food locations, including the snack carts located around the parks. If your new enrollment includes bonus Disney Rewards Dollars, there is an extensive list on the Disney Rewards site, listing where you can utilize the funds on your Rewards card. :mickey:

BelleBeauty
04-25-2011, 02:10 PM
I believe that for the rewards points you earn on your Visa you can transfer them to a gift card. This card can be used online, booking vacations or anywhere within WDW or DLR. So you should be able to use them at most park restaurants (aside from those that are independently owned).

zcrsdad
04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I've usually used it to pay for anything charged to the room. That way I didn't have to worry about where I could use it.

PopPhan
04-25-2011, 09:56 PM
What you will "receive" is 250 Disney Reward "Points"

Each "Point" is worth $1 at most establishments on Disney property.

The way to "use" them is to have the "Points" transferred to a Disney Rewards Card. It will take between 7 - 14 days from ordering the card until you receive it and it will have an expiration date of the end of December of the year following the one you requested it. (Order the card now and it will expire at the end of December NEXT year)

If you do not use all of the "Points" you transferred to the card before the expiration date, they will be lost, so do not transfer more than you think you will need for your trip. You can also transfer the minimum of 20 "Points" to get the card, then 'reload' it, or add to it, by calling the 800 number on the Rewards card.

Sounds complicated, but once you go through the process the first time, it becomes much simpler.

As another poster has said, you could hand the card over at registration and have them put all the "Points" on your room account, then just use your KTTW card (room key) to charge everything to your room. I do not know how they would handle that situation if you have "Points" remaining on your room account at the end of your stay.

DizneyRox
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
I think they would be returned to your rewards card. We were always told to hang onto it once its used up in case we needed to return something.

I think the rewards card its really just a special case Visa card (Debit), so everything probably works the same.

jake
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone. If I want to use the searacers that you can rent, can i use the 250 towards that? Can I use it to get my sone made-up like a pirate at the pirate league?

Thanks

Figment104
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
You should be able to use the rewards card at the Pirates League (I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say get made up like a pirate) I'm not 100% sure though on the searacers, never tried to use ours there. I can say though that we have yet to encounter a disney operated location on the grounds that we couldn't use our card at. Also, if you happen to forget to order the rewards card with enough time for them to mail it to you, you can also get one at various locations at the parks, downtown disney, and the resorts.

Have a great trip!

Figment104
04-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Whoops apparently I didn't finish reading your last sentence where you said at the pirates league. I really need to remember not to skim lol.