PDA

View Full Version : Episode 14 - That?s Not Transportation

John
04-24-2011, 02:30 PM
The INTERCOT InsiderEpisode 14 - April 19, 2011The Cast: Melanie, Gary, Ian & John“That’s Not Transportation!”

Murray Head reference starts the show

Tokyo Disneyland Re-Opens

Punked by the Fantasyland pictures- Beast castle wasn’t so huge… forced perspective- Cinderella and Beast fight it out

Disney Channel confusion. Miley is so over.* Debbie Ryan, the new Miley.

The Royal Sleepover and Wedding.* Cool free event that Disney should do more of… Kudos to the big D.*

Also a big Wedding event at the Swan & Dolphin: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180943&highlight=royal

Armed Forces Salute extended into 2012

Talking Shades of Green, The Disney Inn and Golf Resort

New Race at Disneyland - Tinkerbell Half Marathon

We’ve lost Gary

Lots of activity on the Discussion Boards and @INTERCOT Twitter account

Best of Disney Transportation: Mel likes using her own transportation.* Gary likes the boats between the Wilderness Lodge and the Magic Kingdom.* John says Monorails are the obvious choice but instead goes with the Epcot Resorts boat loop.* Ian likes the Monorails and specifically the Epcot Resort Loop.

That’s Not Transportation!* Mel defines transportation as being from point a to point b

See the @INTERCOT Twitter feed for pictures of the Year 2000 package giveaways

DVC Rehash and Discussion.* Ian goes over the basics of the DVC, common questions and features.

Updates, Refurbs & Vacation Savings

Site Feature - Report a Post Button

Podcast Bonus Materials!

>> Listen Here (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive)

dpamac
04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
I would like to apologize to the entire British Empire for this one.

caryrae
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Another good podcast by "the Intercot's".

My favorite Disney transportation is Space Mountain since you load and unload at different places, it goes from point A to B. lol

Melanie
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Another good podcast by "the Intercot's".

:rotfl: Classic!

My favorite Disney transportation is Space Mountain since you load and unload at different places, it goes from point A to B. lol

:nono:

BrerGnat
04-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I would like to apologize to the entire British Empire for this one.

Gary, I am TOTALLY with you on this one. I laughed when you said what you did. It's so true! I couldn't give a flying flip about this wedding.

Another fun podcast guys!

Ian
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Gary, I am TOTALLY with you on this one. I laughed when you said what you did. It's so true! I couldn't give a flying flip about this wedding.To further offend our friends across the pond, me neither! In fact, I can't fathom why anyone is interested ... outside of the UK that is.

Scott C
04-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I was glad that my topic idea(late night dining) was mentioned at the end of the show. Please contact me if you would like any clarifications.

Thanks
Scott C

BriarRose0708
04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
The thing about this royal wedding is that when girls my age (late 20s to early 30s) were 16 Prince William was one of THE biggest heart throbs in the late 90's and early 2000's. We dreamed of being in Kate Middleton's shoes, so now that he's getting married we want to watch all the pomp, circumstance, and fanfare and still wish it was us instead of Kate.

Thanks again for using my transportation idea, I am thrilled, even though it was mocked by Ian. :blush:

Melanie
04-25-2011, 09:16 PM
To further offend our friends across the pond, me neither! In fact, I can't fathom why anyone is interested ... outside of the UK that is.

I really wouldn't expect anyone in your demographic to understand what the interest is.

I was obsessed with Charles and Diana. It's almost embarrassing how obsessed I was, cutting out pics from magazines, watching anything I could on them on TV, etc. I was 11 when they married and it was the whole princess, fairy tale thing that was exciting to me. Of course I followed their married life and awwwed at their cute baby boys. After all the tragedy of his parent's marriage and then mother's early death, I love that it seems William is truly marrying for love and is happy.

Carol
04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Touche', Mel.

Ian
04-26-2011, 08:34 AM
I really wouldn't expect anyone in your demographic to understand what the interest is.No a very fair point ... As a dad to three girls I of all people should get the princess thing. Shame on me! :blush:

Also, I have to issue a clarification on a comment I made during this podcast. When we were doing our segment on the wedding Mel mentioned she still had a chance to be a princess and I made the comment, "I wouldn't want to be the prince!"

In listening back to it I realized it came off like a knock on Mel, but what I was actually saying was that Mel is married to a very large Marine and I wouldn't want to be in the prince's shoes when he came a callin'!

Sorry for the potential for misunderstanding there! Much love to Mel, even though she is a Lightning and a Braves fan. ;)

Melanie
04-26-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL Ian - that is hilarious! I should go back and listen (but I won't :blush: ), as I didn't catch that when we were taping. It's all good! ;)

Ian
04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
LOL Ian - that is hilarious! I should go back and listen (but I won't :blush: ), as I didn't catch that when we were taping. It's all good! ;)I was working out when I heard it and I almost fell off the treadmill! I was like, "Oh wow that didn't sound nice at all!"

NJGIRL
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Great podcast guys! I have to agree with the boys... I can't wait until this royal wedding thing is over. It's taking over our TV programing and I am not interested in the least.

I do hope he has a happy marriage however, he lost his mother as a child, has great privilege but seems to stay out of trouble.

Melanie
04-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Great podcast guys! I have to agree with the boys... I can't wait until this royal wedding thing is over. It's taking over our TV programing and I am not interested in the least.

It's like anything in the news, for example, the Super Bowl doesn't hold interest for everyone either and it certainly dominates the media for a few weeks every year.

dpamac
04-26-2011, 02:00 PM
It's like anything in the news, for example, the Super Bowl doesn't hold interest for everyone either and it certainly dominates the media for a few weeks every year.

Ooh. Ready for this? I don't care about that either unless I have a pony in the race.

Ian
04-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Ooh. Ready for this? I don't care about that either unless I have a pony in the race.Actually this may shock, but I'm pretty much with Gary on this. I'm not a big fan of "THE SUPER BOWL" ... to me it's just the last football playoff game and if my team is in. If not? Meh .......

MarkC
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM

I do hope he has a happy marriage however, he lost his mother as a child, has great privilege but seems to stay out of trouble.

I agree and I do feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a parent alive to see them get married. But this is like watching political ads-- I have no interest and will be happy when its over.

Melanie
04-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Actually this may shock, but I'm pretty much with Gary on this. I'm not a big fan of "THE SUPER BOWL" ... to me it's just the last football playoff game and if my team is in. If not? Meh .......

Wasn't really my point. ;) TV ratings alone show what a popular event the Super Bowl is, but still, not for everyone.

Actually, political elections are another good example, and they take up WAY more "TV programming" than this royal wedding has. It's not that I don't care about our government and who is running it, but the media goes way overboard with it.

ryca1dreams
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Murray Head was okay, but I want to hear John sing Flock of Seagulls on the next episode.

dpamac
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Murray Head was okay, but I want to hear John sing Flock of Seagulls on the next episode.

Please don't encourage him.

Melanie
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Please don't encourage him.

Seriously.

:D

Fangorn
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Guys,

Great podcast as usual.

Ian, I, for one, heard your "knock" on Mel, but heard it exactly the way you intended it - 'pity the Prince who had to face Mel's husband'. Thought you'd like to know at least one person caught your drift.

Steve

John
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM

I Ran or Space Age Love Song... :rocker: :woohoo:

caryrae
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Go ahead and do an American Idol type podcast and we get to vote on the forum who to get rid of each podcast. This way we can hear everyone sing, :)

Melanie
04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Go ahead and do an American Idol type podcast and we get to vote on the forum who to get rid of each podcast. This way we can hear everyone sing, :)

Oh geez. I'd be gone first podcast!

dpamac
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm not sure there's been an episode where we haven't sung at some point...

caryrae
04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure there's been an episode where we haven't sung at some point...

Guess I wasn't sure it was singing.

brownie
04-28-2011, 10:21 AM
http://intercot.com/discussion/picture.php?pictureid=115&albumid=9&dl=1304001133&thumb=1

For all you transportation junkies, Disney will be releasing a Parking Lot Tram toy (just posted on the Disney Parks blog.) It didn't have a release date but the blog did say it would be available at disneystore.com.

I'm not sure what's my favorite transportation, the monorail or the parking lot tram.

brownie
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Did I miss it or was there no mention of Horizons in this episode?

John
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Did I miss it or was there no mention of Horizons in this episode?

Nope - we're slipping. I don't think Duffy made it in either.

brownie
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Nope - we're slipping. I don't think Duffy made it in either.

Maybe you could do a best/favorite part of Horizons on a future episode.

princessgirls
04-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Favorite WDW transportation hands down for me is...THE MONORAIL!!

caryrae
04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
To further offend our friends across the pond, me neither! In fact, I can't fathom why anyone is interested ... outside of the UK that is.

So I take it there won't be a live podcast early tomorrow morning covering the Royal Wedding?

BrerGnat
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
http://intercot.com/discussion/picture.php?pictureid=115&albumid=9&dl=1304001133&thumb=1

For all you transportation junkies, Disney will be releasing a Parking Lot Tram toy (just posted on the Disney Parks blog.) It didn't have a release date but the blog did say it would be available at disneystore.com.

I'm not sure what's my favorite transportation, the monorail or the parking lot tram.

Oh geez...another toy that I'll *have* to buy my son. ;) He LOVES the stinkin trams at Disneyland! LOVES THEM.

Melanie
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
So I take it there won't be a live podcast early tomorrow morning covering the Royal Wedding?

Anyone listen to Mike & Mike this morning? Greenie is totally in you guys' camp, and surprisingly Golic is all into it, as is Liam (not too surprising since he's British). The conversation was hilarious!

Oh geez...another toy that I'll *have* to buy my son. ;) He LOVES the stinkin trams at Disneyland! LOVES THEM.

I think I've mentioned this on the podcast before, but my youngest was the same way. We could have taken him to WDW and just ridden the tram and the monorail and he'd be more than content. lol!

Ian
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Ian, I, for one, heard your "knock" on Mel, but heard it exactly the way you intended it - 'pity the Prince who had to face Mel's husband'. Thought you'd like to know at least one person caught your drift.:whew:

Oh geez. I'd be gone first podcast!Uh, no. I'd be gone before we even started. See below ... :blush:

Guess I wasn't sure it was singing.Exactly. ;)

darthmacho
05-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Been meaning to thank you guys for helping me get through some grueling hours at work by listening to your podcast, so...thanks!

As for the wedding, I was dismayed when I came home from work to find it on my TV, but was amused by the observations my girls were making:

DD1(age6): "I think the girl should be wearing the gloves, not the dude."

DW: "HaHa! You're right, hon."

DD1: "Who's the afro-dude?" (It was a royal guard.)

DD2(age10): "Who's the old lady?" (It was the Queen.)

DD1: "Look, a whole row of afro-dudes!"

Those cheeky little monkeys! ;)

Not2Loud
07-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I think my favorite transportation is the monorail from TTC-Epcot line. I love the long ride and circling through the park before getting off.

I also enjoy the boat ride between FW and the Contemporary. The smaller boats are quite pleasant.

brownie
10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
You might have to change your definition of transportation. Check out this ornament set being offered by the Disney Store:

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/7509002522576?$mercdetail$

A Jungle Cruise boat comes with the transportation ornament set.

(For anyone who wants this, you can help support INTERCOT by clicking on the disney store link on the left side of the page.)

Goofy4TheWorld
10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
You might have to change your definition of transportation. Check out this ornament set being offered by the Disney Store:

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/7509002522576?$mercdetail$

(For anyone who wants this, you can help support INTERCOT by clicking on the Disney store link on the left side of the page.)

That I had to have so I just bought mine (using the Intercot link)! :mickey:

Melanie
11-01-2011, 07:42 AM
You might have to change your definition of transportation.

The Jungle Cruise boat looks odd within this set. I think it's just a filler. That's NOT transportation. ;)

brownie
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
The Jungle Cruise boat looks odd within this set. I think it's just a filler. That's NOT transportation. ;)

I'm not sure why they didn't use a friendship taxi or one of the ferry boats.