PDA

View Full Version : First week of June?

Meteora
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Ugh, what a mess planning this trip has turned out to be. My sister has decided to do an extra semester at college, which is great--except that it totally derails our original trip plans, which were for the first week of May. So now, factoring in commencements and finals, we're looking at June 2nd through 9th, 2012.

How bad will this be?

(Ducks and covers.)

faline
04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
We've been around that same time a couple of times and have found it can range from pleasantly uncrowded to busier than expected. We did a long weekend at the beginning of June one year, expecting heavy crowds, but were surprised at how light the crowds were. We went the same time the following year and found the crowds to be much heavier than expected.

I'd go with the expectation that the crowds will be at least moderate. Since the Gay Day celebrations can also drive crowds up, I'd suggest checking out the calendar of activites to know which parks might be seeing more crowds on any particular day.

Expect the weather to be very hot and humid and expect the liklihood of a daily thunder shower.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I agree with Faline, it will be busy, but not insanely crazy. Don't panic ... but plan well (and use fastpass) and you'll have wonderful trip.

MinnieMommie
04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
We have been defaulted into the first week of June twice for a variety of reasons but actually had very nice trips. The crowds were manageable, the weather was hot but not unbearably so and yes I too suggest you plan for afternoon thunderstorms.

We got out early to the parks in the mornings, spent the afternoons at the pool and then went out again to the parks at night. Really this week is very doable. :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
We went very close to this time in 2009. Crowds were not bad, especially in parks other than MK. The heat really got us down some days so I would suggest scheduling in time at the resort to cool down and relax or at the very least, a cool, air conditioned lunch.

You might run into some school trips, which aren't bad unless you are staying at the resort with them and in that case you mind find them to be a bit of an annoyance or inconvenience. At any rate, you will have a wonderful time no matter what! It's Disney!