PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW in Sept.

erickahome
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Haven't been in almost four years and we are really looking forward to it. Our daughter will be 8. Any recommendations?? We will be there for ten days.:mickey: I'm beyond excited!!!!:cloud9:

SmallWorldBobby
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
It's beneficial that you will be there for an extended period, so use it to your advantage. Take the time to really explore the park with your child. The beauty of Disney is in the details, so make sure to fully take it in. Too many people get to the parks and rush from ride to ride to "get their money's worth," but they miss out on the really good stuff. (ex. take the train ride, hunt for hidden mickeys, etc).

Also, video taping is highly recommended. At 29, I am forever grateful that my parents took so many hours of footage. It's a frequent source of conversation and good memories. Most of my Disney nostalgia is the result of seeing those tapes so many times.

ransam
04-22-2011, 05:50 PM
my biggest recommentition is to have an awesome time!

MarkC
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
We'll be there September 4-9-- just my wife and I as both kids are in the dorms together for the first time. Its still going to be very hot. Last year we went in July and bought a FroggTogg at a local sporting goods store. You wet them and drape them around your neck. It made the heat much more bearable. I'm sure there are similar types of items-- I'm not plugging them other than that's what our local store had available. They are re-usable and were a lifesaver for us.

spoiledraf
04-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Haven't been in almost four years and we are really looking forward to it. Our daughter will be 8. Any recommendations?? We will be there for ten days.:mickey: I'm beyond excited!!!!:cloud9:

We are regular September visitors and it's a great time to go. Low crowds and not so unbearable heat, although still warm. This year do to school commitments, we will brave the August heat and crowds with the intent of hitting the parks early and late. Never been with an 8 year old so, other than trying to catch MNSSHP if you are there late enough, (and do dress up!) I can't make any recommendations but I'm sure many folks will.

Have a great time. 8 days in the world with an 8 year old is looking like a great week to me.

LVT
04-23-2011, 08:41 AM
I think that you should be doing family walks. It will take a couple of months to get endurance built up. Tired and sore cuts into the fun.

CanadaLovesDisney
04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
You will be happy with September in wdw! We had an absolute blast. Perfect weather, low crowds, Halloween party if u have the $$ to spare (truly worth it).

Have a great time!

erickahome
04-23-2011, 05:22 PM
The family walk idea is great one. My daughter is a competitive swimmer and I exercise regularly but taking walks in the heat would be a good idea. This would give all three of us a chance to break in shoes and such.

I also like the Frogg-Togg idea for the heat - although after this winter I can't believe I could complain about any amount of heat :mickey:

DisneyorBust
04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
We have been to WDW for a number of September trips and one thing that we have found both helpful and relaxing is to take a midday break and return to our resort for a swim and/or nap. We then return to the parks refreshed and ready for more fun in the evening.

TiggerDeb
04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
We always go in September right after labor day and spend 10 glorious days. Less crowds but it is still very hot. We take our time, do a park in morning, relax by pool in the heat of the day and then go back out later in evening.

We will be joined by our 8 and 4 yr old grandsons and our son and his wife, and we always have a wonderful magical experience.

Enjoy your trip..:mickey:

Disney-4-Me
04-24-2011, 04:41 PM
If you are going late in September try to go to a Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. After going to our first one in 2002, we've been back every year. It's a great event.