PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at Christmas time

lovin'fl
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
When do the parks start getting crowded? I was told, by 1 person, not until the 24th and through to New Year's. So we are going the 21st-26th with family and figure we'll get the parks in the 21st-23rd. But I heard from a second source that it will be crowded then too.

Jeff
04-22-2011, 10:45 AM
We are regular Christmas week attendees!
When crowds really pick up all depends upon where in the week Christmas Day falls. This week it is a Sunday so I would expect crowds to be ok until Friday or Saturday (23 and 24). It really depends upon when schools are off for break. However, there is no doubt parks will be packed from the 25 through New Years Day.

It is a great time to visit. The extras around for Christmas make up for the crowds in my opinion.

faline
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd expect the crowds to begin picking up about a week before the holiday. Since it is on a Sunday this year, a number of folks may opt to end their trip with the holiday rather than begin with the holiday.

As Jeff noted, I would expect it to begin to get super crowded around the 22nd or 23rd and extend through New Year's.

goofygonewild
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
We were there a few years ago over Christmas and even though the crowds were big, making use of the EMH and careful planning made it very manageable. We were at MK on Christmas day utilizing EMH and rode many rides with little or no waiting. It really didn't start getting busy till 10:00 am. Just being there during the most magical time of the year was a dream come true for us. My suggestion is to go with the flow, don't stress and have a wonderful trip!

DizneyRox
04-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Because of where it falls, I predict it will be manageable until about the 23rd or 24th (you'll probably be able to tell by park hours where Disney is expecting, and they will be more accurate). Regardless of whatever day it is, it will hit like a tsunami! I've been for a few of the major holidays and it seems like one day it's a walk on for everything, and the next days the parks are elbow to elbow. Christmas is one of those holidays. Turkey Day will do that as well.

ransam
04-25-2011, 10:53 AM
it really does depends, and it does change literally overnight.
a couple years ago we were in the MK on the 18th and it wasn't so bad.....we went on the 19th, and it was packed, so we went to Epoct, thinking maybe it was just the MK, but it was also packed.