PDA

View Full Version : Two studios for Mom and teens?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
04-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I am trying to plan a trip this summer for my 15 year old daughter and 3 of her friends , with me as the only adult. The trip is planned for June. I have an August use year and no points left for the current year. I only have 165 points to borrow from next year. A one bedroom villa wouldn't work since most only sleep 4 and there is currently no availability at AKV or BLT which I think are the only 2 places that will sleep 5 in a one-bedroom. The least expensive 2-bedroom villa is at Old Key West and there is availability, but the total is 168 points....3 more than I have! I thought today about looking into the possibility of getting 2 studios instead. Indeed, the total number of points needed for 2 studios is much less than a 2-bedroom at all locations. My question is whether Disney will allow one adult and 5 teenagers to be in 2 studios (only one adult, so obviously one of the studios will not have an adult in it). Does anyone know if there has to be an adult in each room? Thanks!!

VWL Mom
04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't know whether they would let you have the kids in studios with no adult but I wouldn't think so. Honestly, as a parent, if I was sending DS16 with you I would need to know there was an adult in the room.

As an alternative, you can buy the extra points needed from DVC. I think they are $15/pt and you can buy up to 24 in any use year.

disneymom15
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
I sent you a PM.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
04-24-2011, 05:34 PM
As an alternative, you can buy the extra points needed from DVC. I think they are $15/pt and you can buy up to 24 in any use year.

Good idea to buy the extra points...I had completely forgotten about that option! So, if I borrow the 165 points I have in the next use year, I assume I'll be able to buy the extra points at that same time when I'm making the reservation? Does anyone know how that works?