PDA

View Full Version : Romantic dinner for two

squad51
04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
The wife and I are having are first vacation since I proposed to her nine years ago next to Cinderella Castle (we did not have a honeymoon). We are going to ditch the kids with other family coming along. We cannot afford Victoria or basically anywhere that takes two credits on DDP. We will be on site at POFQ, have DDP, and park hopper. So the question is; Where should we go for a night for just the two of us?

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-22-2011, 07:56 AM
I've heard great things about California Grill, Narcossee's and Artist Point.

mook3y
04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
We have done a parents "night out" every trip.

Here has been our favorite so far out of 4 parents "night out".

Get to the Poly approximately an hour before your Dinner Reservations - Get a Lapu Lapu, Backscratcher or other beverage of your choice and relax with an amazing view and/or strolling the grounds.

From the Poly it is a very short monorail ride (or you could walk the beach) to GF.

I would recommend Citrico's or Narcoossee's. We have had amazing dinners at both restaurants.

Narcoossee's is on the water and offers great food, excellent service and a view of the Magic Kingdom. If you time it right, you can even see the fireworks and the play the music to go with it.

Citrico's is a little more formal, we found this to be an extremely relaxing meal. The pace is what you want it to be. The decor is elegant. Food top notch. You only see your waiter when you need them. It was a great experience for us.

That said, I would love to eat at either of those places tonight! :D

I would suggest looking at the menu and picking one of those 2 restaurants based on what meal sounds the best to you. You can't go wrong with either of these two.

faline
04-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Since the original poster can't go to a restaurant that takes 2 table credits, most of what has been suggested thus far won't work for them.

Some possibilities might be:

Chefs de France in Epcot - they offer a very nice 3 course meal for one fixed price.

Coral Reef - also in Epcot

San Angel Inn - in Epcot - very romantic setting.

Grand Floridian Cafe - lovely setting but not as pricey as Citrico's or Narcoosee's.

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian - have a nice dinner and then find a spot on the beach to watch the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant

You may also find some nice no-cost/low-cost romantic ideas here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp).

mook3y
04-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Since the original poster can't go to a restaurant that takes 2 table credits, most of what has been suggested thus far won't work for them.

Some possibilities might be:

Chefs de France in Epcot - they offer a very nice 3 course meal for one fixed price.

Coral Reef - also in Epcot

San Angel Inn - in Epcot - very romantic setting.

Grand Floridian Cafe - lovely setting but not as pricey as Citrico's or Narcoosee's.

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian - have a nice dinner and then find a spot on the beach to watch the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant

You may also find some nice no-cost/low-cost romantic ideas here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp).

Hiya Faline

:blush:

I read it as:

"anywhere that takes two credits on DDP"

ITS FRIDAY!!!! ;)

On that note though squad 51. What my wife and I have done was split a meal at 2 different regular restaurants to have the extra credit to try a 2 credit meal. :)

faline
04-22-2011, 09:41 AM
I read it as:

"anywhere that takes two credits on DDP"

ITS FRIDAY!!!! ;)

It's easy to miss - I needed to read twice to be sure I understood!

Also, I forgot to mention - if you're celebrating a special occasion be sure to include that information when you make your dining reservation - you never know when a little extra Disney magic will be sprinkled your way!

Mr_Increddieble
04-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Sticking with the Chefs de France theme:
Goto Epcot,
Walk towards Mexico and have a drink
at Cantina de dan Angel or La Hacienda de San Angel,
Then stroll towards France,
Stop in one of the shops along the way (China, Italy, etc) and purchase a lovely gift for your wife or for each other (like a matching set of glasses or a plate with your initial on it) to commemorate the evening.
Continue to France,
have your Photopass picture taken at the fountain just to the right of the entrance to Chefs de France,
Dinner at Chefs de France,
Upon exiting go to the drink cart and get a Grand Marnier Slushie,
Watch the fireworks from the bridge near France,
Walk slowly out hand-in-hand.

Optional: Stop at Mousegears (buy a special treat for the kids)

caryrae
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Is it you don't want to use 2 credits, because why not just pay out of pocket for the dinner and not use the credits?

I ask because we did the California Grill for dinner on our Anniversary and it was so awesome. Especially if you can get a table that faces the MK and you can watch the firework show. We were lucky enough to get a table by the window facing MK and it was one of the best experiences we have ever had at WDW. They even gave use a Chocolate soufflé because I had put it was our Anniversary when I made the reservation.

crazygoalie39
04-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the WS restaurants. I particularly like Chefs de France. I also would recommend paying OOP so that you could go to California Grill or Narcoossee's.

DisneyMom12
04-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I had my anniversary dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe. It was fantastic. They gave us a complimentary glass of champagne, and treated us like royalty. The food was great as well.

MarkC
04-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Don't forgot about the Bistro above Chef's de France. It has only a handful of tables, but it is a little pricey so look at the on-line menu to check it out.

Fastpasssteve
04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I would suggest:

San Angel Inn - for the atmosphere (It has an Aztez Ziggurat and active volcano!) and you can get a Margarita. I would get the ribeye tacos. They're really good.

Kona Cafe - Beautiful Resort, sound of rushing water from the atrium lobby, and great food. Lots of other WDW restaurants charge a lot for steak, but twice now I've gotten great steaks there at a reasonable price. KC also has great desserts...or you could go downstairs to Captain Cookes and get a Dole Whip to eat while walking the grounds...on your way to the beach...and some private time in a hammock as the sun goes down. Just sayin'.

You would enjoy either of these places.

darthmacho
04-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm going to suggest the following:

Maya Grill (a good alternative to Artist Point, get a window seat!)
Chefs Le France (as others suggested)
San Angel Inn (ask for a seat by the river!)
Boatwright's (you could take the boat or walk from FQ, and follow up with a horse and carriage ride, the latter needing a reservation)
Marrakesh (is exotic and quiet, well, until the belly dancing starts!)

Good luck! :mickey:

squad51
04-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I didn't want to do a two credit place because we are trying to stretch the ddp as best we can. I don't know how much extra money we are going to have as I just got laid off because the construction world *****. If the recession is over you could have fooled me. We already paid for the vacation so there is no turning back now. If I have to pay for any meals I would rather be a cheep one with no meaning. Thanks everybody for the tips.

EllieMae
04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
We went to WDW for our honeymoon and I would say that anywhere where you are alone with your spouse (without the rest of your family) can become a romantic dinner for two. Its all in how you look at it :cloud9: I say pick the food that is your favorite (which plenty of my faves are one credit) and make your night special in your own way. When there is just the two of you, its easy to block out the rest of the "world". I would however suggest either a resort where you could stroll around or Epcot World Showcase where you could stroll together after dinner. I hope you have night you will never forget :mickey:

faline
04-22-2011, 10:02 PM
We went to WDW for our honeymoon and I would say that anywhere where you are alone with your spouse (without the rest of your family) can become a romantic dinner for two. Its all in how you look at it :cloud9:

You clearly are the type of person who makes lemonade out of lemons! I applaud your spirit and I'll bet you're a very happy person! I totally agree with your advice!

EllieMae
04-22-2011, 10:07 PM
You clearly are the type of person who makes lemonade out of lemons! I applaud your spirit and I'll bet you're a very happy person! I totally agree with your advice!

Thanks! I appreciate that :mickey:

squad51
04-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Well we decided to go to Coral Reef and made ADRs tonight. We got 6:20, which is good because the Brewers are playing the cubs at 8:05(eastern time). The wife and I are either going to the ESPN Club for the game or to Jellyrolls for some singing. Once again thanks for the advice.

P.S. I intentionally did not capitalize the "c" in cubs. HA HA HA

:baseball:

lettripp
04-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Nice pick! I was going to suggest Coral Reef just as I read your response. My fiance had a GREAT steak there last time we went and you can't miss one of the BEST deserts on property: The Chocolate Wave.

Also, if you are celebrating something, be sure to make them aware on the reservation. They brought us complimentary glasses of champagne with strawberries when we went...

Once again - good choice! :mickey:

Belle_0717
04-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Coral Reef is a good choice. We went for our anniversary. My DH surprised me with a personalized menu when we got there. It had our pictures and favorites sayings, lyrics from our wedding song on it. It was a free thing too. All he had to do was call the restaurant and ask about it. I am not sure if thy still offer this service.

HackLaSalle
04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Can't beat the Coral Reef for romantic. Ask Danny Tanner.

PrettyMinnie
04-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Can't beat the Coral Reef for romantic. Ask Danny Tanner.

:funny: Love the Full House reference!

And to the OP, great pic, I'm sure you will have a very romantic dinner for two. :thumbsup: