PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Tipping?

SmallWorldBobby
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Do you find it appropriate to tip the photographers when using your photopass? I've never used any sort of park-sponsored photographer, so I am unfamiliar with the etiquette. I know that tips are always appreciated, but it is expected and proper?
I have never used Photopass, but I am thinking about it for my next visit. :mickey:

Stu29573
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I've never seen it done. I'm not even sure they are allowed to accept it...

HackLaSalle
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I've tried to tip PhotoPass before and they've told me they cannot accept it.

I think only Mousekeeping and waiter/waitresses can be tipped.

SmallWorldBobby
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
I've tried to tip PhotoPass before and they've told me they cannot accept it.

I think only Mousekeeping and waiter/waitresses can be tipped.

Thanks!

ransam
04-21-2011, 05:50 PM
wow. considering how much i use it, that could be more than my actual vacation!

it would be nice to maybe have one place in each park where you can drop in 10 dollars or so at the end of your vacation and they can all split it.

Pop Centurion
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Even if you could tip them, you have no idea what your photo will look like at the time. I've found some awful shots on my photopass before & wouldn't be happy if I tipped for what I got. It's a nice gesture but it's like tipping for your meal before experiencing any service yet from the wait staff.

gerald72
04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
If you only tipped 50cents, tipping could easily cost more then the photopass itself.
I've never heard anyone else suggest tipping the photographers.

AXOAlum
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Since everyone's answered, I'll piggyback a question here... This will be our first trip not getting photo pass. Will PPP use my camera to take a family photo with the characters? I just have a simple digital point and shoot so nothing fancy. Thanks :mickey:

LisaP
04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Since everyone's answered, I'll piggyback a question here... This will be our first trip not getting photo pass. Will PPP use my camera to take a family photo with the characters? I just have a simple digital point and shoot so nothing fancy. Thanks :mickey:

I have seen the PPP do that several times :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Since everyone's answered, I'll piggyback a question here... This will be our first trip not getting photo pass. Will PPP use my camera to take a family photo with the characters? I just have a simple digital point and shoot so nothing fancy. Thanks :mickey:Yes, they will. :mickey:

As far as tipping, the whole idea for Photo Pass was that people will purchase photos, CD's with the photos and other related products. It's a revenue-maker for Disney, so no additional tipping is necessary.

BraddyB
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I never would have thought about tipping them. Its nice they are there, my trip in 2008 I had some really nice pics taken from the Photopass people. One saw we had a more advanced point and shoot and actually went manual with it and got some really nice pics.

Our 2010 trip, the pics the PP people took werent so hot. Even our pics they took with our camera were poor.

When we go back in 2012, I will give them another try. I am going to chalk the 2010 trip up to bad luck.

paragon
04-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I never really thought about it until now, it would be a nice gesture, but it could get expensive!
One thing we have done though, is when we get a really great photographer-very friendly, funny, helpful and creative, we usually take a picture of them, right after our shot.
I have noticed over the years, a decline in the quality of photos from photopass. The first two years we used it, the pictures were awesome. They were still using film cameras then, and now the past few years, the pictures are just OK. Chances are, the original group of photographers were probably more experienced, actual photographers, and now, they are probably just cast memebers with cameras in hand.
What if, Disney had some type of "coupon" or "chips" that they would give you, and then you could hand them to the photographer, or even a CM who gave you great service. No money exchanges hands, but they can turn them in-for recognition or rewards.

Disney-4-Me
04-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I've never even considered tipping the photographers.:(