PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in December

ginny57
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I may be going to visit a friend in Florida in early December. She mentioned wanting to go to Universal to check out the new rides. She is 3 hours from Orlando so we would more than likely spend one night and hit the parks for 2 days.

What are the crowds like at that time of year (weekdays)? I will book a room on site if getting the express pass and early park entry is worth it...but I'd rather stay someplace more affordable if the crowds aren't bad at that time of year.

Pirate Granny
04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
If you are planning to go to Harry Potter land at Universal...the main ride, forbidden Journey does not have express entrance available. But if you stay on site, you can go in an hour before general admission...at least when we went last September. I plan to go for one morning while at WLV in June. We plan to get up, take a cab over to universal, and be in line by 8:30am. I believe we can get it all in what we want to see by 3pm, and take a cab back...all told I figure it'll be about $150 each for the excursion. $90 single park admission, $20 lunch at three broomsticks, and $30 to split the cab ride (each of us paying for one way). IMO the FJ ride is very cool, and I hope to get at least three rides in that day.
:pirate: