PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha Show????

olivegirl
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Can anyone tell me their opinion on the Spirit of Aloha Show at the Polynesian? Each year when planning our ADRs we come to this show and then pass it by. I did experience this show on my senior trip in 1984, LOL. We had a great time! Was hoping for a up to date review!!

faline
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
The luau has completely changed since 1984. I liked the version (which was very similar to what you'd see in Hawaii) much better than the current show which is bit hokey. We went a couple of years ago. It was okay but I wouldn't rush back.

elmjimmlm
04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
We went last June and it wasn't worth the price...The show was okay but we were seated behind a big pole and couldn't see very well...The food was alright but not great...I think for us it is a been there done that type place...

twinboyz
04-21-2011, 02:07 PM
We went a few years back. I did like it but i don't think i would do it again anytime soon. It was a bit hokey, but nice. Food was good and different. We enjoyed the meal and we had alcoholic beverages that were unique. I think you should try it to experience it and make your own judgement. We did it and I'm glad we did, but I think we'll wait a few years to experience it again.:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
There's some opinions here: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181165

I stand by mine...

This topic comes up a lot, the general theme is, more people dislike the luau than like it, and when given the choice between the luau and the Hoop Dee Doo, the Hoop Dee Doo would be the safer choice. you'll get far more people that like the Hoop Dee Doo than the luau.

If you have money to blow then try it, otherwise there's no harm in taking others advice and saving money and time.

TheVBs
04-21-2011, 04:18 PM
We went four years ago and had a good time. I agree that the show was hokey, but it was fun, and the food was good. We don't have any interest in doing it again though.

The problem with asking an opinion on something like this is that it's so subjective. Even if the majority dislike it, you and your family may love it. I don't think you can know unless you try it.