PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's or California Grill for the in-laws?

tdk316
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
As a thank you to my in-laws for coming with us and helping me with the kids while DH is at a conference we'd like to send them out to dinner.

So, Narcoossee's or California Grill?

We've been to CG many, many times and love it, but somehow haven't made it to Narcoossee's. We're staying at BLT so we thought either of these would be easy for them to get to without dealing with any complicated Disney transportation arrangements or a cab (Jiko was my first pick, but it might be too much of a pain for them to get to).

I'd appreciate any input, I have to make reservations on Monday! :mickey:

faline
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
From Bay Lake Tower, California Grill would be the most convenient and the food is very good.

To get to Narcoosee's, they'll need to take the monorail over to the Floridian and , from there, walk out to the boat dock at the back of the main building. The food here is also very good.

If you're looking for the simplest in terms of transportation, I'd select California Grill.

renecat
04-21-2011, 01:49 PM
If your in-laws like a quiet meal then Narcoosee's is probably better then Cali grill.
Went last Oct. to both and can say without a doubt Narcoosee's is much quieter than Cali grill. We also froze at the Cali grill. They can watch wishes from the balcony at Narcoosee's also.

MNNHFLTX
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Narcoossee's and California Grill are both wonderful, but for a quieter and more intimate dinner, I agree that Narcoossee's would be a better choice.

javamama
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Go Narcoossee's, my parents who are in their 60's loved it. Dh and I haven't made it there yet, we enjoy Cali Grill alot(plus our kids loved the view too). We wanted to make it there without the kiddos, but never managed to do so. Either choice it good IMO.

artyboy
04-21-2011, 06:44 PM
You may want to consider Citrico's as well. The food is awesome, the room is beautiful and it never feels as crowded as CG or Narcoosee's!

faline
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
You may want to consider Citrico's as well.

Citrico's is a very nice choice. The only thing Citrico's does not have is an extensive view. Some of the windows do look over the grounds and quiet pool but do not have Magic Kingdom views like California Grill or Narcoosee's. Citrico's is in the main building so there is no need to leave the main building to get to the restaurant.

Disney Yankee
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
That is so nice of you!!! I would say Cali Grill during sunset or the fireworks :fworks:. That is my favorite place at WDW to have a special dinner.

spoiledraf
04-24-2011, 02:44 AM
We've done both several times and have pro-claimed Narcoosees as our favorite. We like the location, the food and the views of the MK and fireworks. Thats where we'll be for our anniversay in August again this year. Two years ago we took all our kids and grandkids for our anniversary and they made up special menus with our name and anniversary date on them. Nice touch. And pretty kid friendly too!

MinnieMommie
04-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I have been to both and my personal preference is Narcoossee. Just love that place. I find it so relaxing and the food is great.

One thing that I especially like (in addition to the food) is the service and relaxed and expert wait staff. They make you feel like and old friend returning home for dinner. Been to both during the MK fireworks and prefer Narcoossee for that as well. They could not have made this any easier for us.

Went to Narcoossee in October while staying at BLT and did not find the distance problematic in any way but if your in laws have mobility issues then Cali Grill will be most convenient.. :mickey: