PDA

View Full Version : Movies based on rides

crazygoalie39
04-20-2011, 11:43 PM
There have been movies based on rides at the parks, i.e. PoTC, HM, Country Bears. I was wondering what other movies you would like to see Disney make that is based on a ride? I heard that a Jungle Cruise movie is in the works. Personally, I would love to see something based on BTMR, Space Mountain, Mission: Space, or EE. :mickey:

SmallWorldBobby
04-21-2011, 03:53 AM
You already listed my first choice for a ride-based movie (Expedition Everest). That would be great! As a bonus, maybe they could use some of the movie profit to finally fix the yeti.

I also wouldn't mind seeing something done with the Figment character from Epcot. I always wondered why he just sort of lingered in the background. A "Journey into Imagination" based movie with Figment and the Dream Master could be really interesting if done properly. It would be fun to get some more character identity and attention into Epcot.

gerald72
04-21-2011, 04:19 AM
I always thought there should be some type of adventure/ quest movie tying together the countries of World Showcase.

Jeniflower
04-21-2011, 07:27 AM
i'd love to see a Mission Space movie but they would have to get the lovely gary sinise in it

HackLaSalle
04-21-2011, 08:47 AM
I think there's also a "Magic Kingdom" movie in the works with Jon Favreau attached to direct. It sounds a bit like the popular Kingdom Keepers book series.

azcavalier
04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
I think there's also a "Magic Kingdom" movie in the works with Jon Favreau attached to direct. It sounds a bit like the popular Kingdom Keepers book series.

Actually, I thought it looked more like the "Night at the Museum" movies.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
The Everest movie is a good idea, I believe BTMR is actually based on the old movie Song of the South....

caryrae
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
How about a Horror movie of It's a Small World? Kinda along the lines of the Chucky movies. lol

The other way around, I would love to see "Tron" made into a ride.

Narawen
04-21-2011, 09:50 AM
The Everest movie is a good idea, I believe BTMR is actually based on the old movie Song of the South....

Splash Mtn is based on Song of the South. I'd love to see a BTMRR movie. I'd like to see a Tomorrowland movie with citizens riding on the TTA.

Victor Kelly
04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
They already did a Mission Space movie. It was called Mission To Mars. It had Gary Sinese in it. Look at the control room in Mission Space and other areas. They have the models used in the Mission to Mars movie.

They really need to make a blockbuster movie THEN put the attraction in. Think Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Cars, The Nemo attraction in EPCOT. All were hits.

Haunted Mansion was terrible. But POTC was pretty darn good.

They have also done a movie for Tower of Terror already. It was limited to TV and it has been so long since I saw it that I cannot comment on if it was any good

EJS-Houston
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
They already did a Mission Space movie. It was called Mission To Mars. It had Gary Sinese in it. Look at the control room in Mission Space and other areas. They have the models used in the Mission to Mars movie.

They really need to make a blockbuster movie THEN put the attraction in. Think Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Cars, The Nemo attraction in EPCOT. All were hits.

Haunted Mansion was terrible. But POTC was pretty darn good.

They have also done a movie for Tower of Terror already. It was limited to TV and it has been so long since I saw it that I cannot comment on if it was any good

I recall the Tower of Terror movie being not so great.

But I'm all for an Expedition Everest movie!

Victor Kelly
04-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Everest Movie:thumbsup:

teamblackwell
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Everest Movie:thumbsup:

Starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Jerry Bruckheimer??
Sounds good to me.
Or starring Vin Diesel?

JasonH
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Just a quick correction there SmallWorldBobby....it's Dream Finder, not Dream Master. I should know having an Epcot Center pennant flag still hanging in my room for the past 25 years (give or take a year or two) that features none other than Figment and Dream Finder on his flying machine. It's hanging right below the 15 year anniversary pennant flag for WDW. :mickey:

Now to the topic, I'd like to see a Timekeeper movie made using the same 2 robots and voices (Robin Williams for Timekeeper and Rhea Perlman for 9-Eye). To me that could easily be expandable into a storyline. I also agree with the ideas for a Jungle Cruise and an Expedition Everest movie. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Splash Mtn is based on Song of the South. I'd love to see a BTMRR movie. I'd like to see a Tomorrowland movie with citizens riding on the TTA.

:blush: You are right...oops.

cer
04-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I might be in the minority, but I kind of like that not all Disney experiences are tied to the cinema. Although, now that I think of it, I guess most of them are, it's just that the films they are based on are very old.

I think the concept of movie first then attraction tends to be more successful than the other way around. With of course the exception being the POTC. That movie I found brilliant, esp when you could pick out scenes from the film that were completely attraction based. I guess I just would hate for any movie to detract from the existing attraction.

Now y'all have got me trying to think of the attractions that do not have movie references. In MK, there aren't many....Space Mtn, TTA, Speedway, BTMRR, Phillarmagic, it's a small world, Tiki room (before it was under new mgmt - not sure what future mgmt will be), the train, Tom Sawyers Island (was there a Disney film about that?), Jungle Cruise.

Anyway, interesting thread....

joonyer
04-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, there has been a Disney Movie about Tom Sawyer; "Tom & Huck" (1995), but it obviously came years after the attraction at DL & MK.

And the "Mickey's PhilharMagic" film has references from numerous Disney movies.

cer
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
And the "Mickey's PhilharMagic" film has references from numerous Disney movies.

Yeah, you're right, of course it does. :blush:

ransam
04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
i always thought a movie based on Fantasmic would be cool.
kind of good vs evil.
could be something like the newrer characters (toy story, beauty and beast, Lion king, etc...) and older characters (mickey, minnie, donald, peter pan, etc...) are kind o in a tiff to see who is more popular...then the villians come in to take over. the new characters go out to defeat them, and lose badly, then the classic characters go out, and get defeated, and they realize that only be combiing forces and coming together can they defeat the villians.

i think there be lots of room for introduction to all the characters, it be nice to see the classic charachters in a top released movie.

johnO
04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
A movie about the Adventurer's Club would be good. You could tie in Jungle Cruise and even EE probably.