PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait for a better deal?

kottesen
04-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Here's the deal:
Dates Arriving on 12/22/2011 Staying for 5 nights
Travel Party 2 Adults 2 Children
Resort Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Tickets 5-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park HopperŪ

Total Package Price $2532.40

Will prices get better in the next few months or should I go ahead and book?

DisneyBunch5
04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I would go ahead and book thru Magical Journeys. If a better offer comes along, then they will automatically get you the discount. YOU don't have to worry about watching for price drops.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree. Looking at your dates if you want Christmas week reservations you need to book now and Magical Journeys is the only way to go. Welcome to Intercot!

kottesen
04-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks! Out of curiosity I just priced the hotel and tickets separately and discovered a savings of $80! Is this typical? Is there a hidden benefit to the package that I am overlooking?

DizneyRox
04-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Sound like cost of insurance that Disney has been offering. finding a deal around Christmas its probably not going to happen. maybe lower room costs for a couple days in the beginning of your stay, but I would need to check the calendar and see where they are during the week. if its going to be easy for people to take those as part of their vacation, then low chance of lower rates.

Tickets are what they are, if anything you'll be better of getting them now before the price increase, which will happen this year, at least once.

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM
They will not get better in price. I would book with MJ. Right now I would say that is a fair deal for the time you are visiting. Bless You!! It is a bit too crowded for us then. (But always fun!!) May I ask what you have to pay in travel??:mickey:

kakn7294
04-20-2011, 05:02 PM
:ditto: what others have said. I recently booked a room at The Poly with the summer discount of 25% but today rebooked it with an AP rate of 30%. All my previously paid deposits and payments were automatically applied and the confirmation number stayed the same.

kottesen
04-20-2011, 10:31 PM
@BluewaterBrad: We live in GA and will drive down.
Thanks to all who posted! I've contacted Magical Journeys and have a phone date with Debbie tomorrow morning.

brownie
04-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Magical Journeys will work to have any discounts that come up after you book applied to your reservation. If you know you're going regardless of discounts, it's a great way to book.