PDA

View Full Version : Starting to worry...

disneykid@hrt
04-20-2011, 12:59 PM
So we are heading down for a few days the second week in May (9th-12th) and I am having a HARD time getting an ADR. I am mainly trying to get into Garden Grill. (I've never eaten there as an adult and the Big Cheese himself is there.) I haven't had very much time to plan as I would like and I JUST realized it's during the Flower & Garden Festival...is this why I can't get an ADR? Is it going to be ridiculously packed?? Anyway... should I be worried? In the past I've gotten an ADR as little as three days out and I am going to keep trying the phone and internet...but I've got a bad feeling. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I would like a character meal, in a park or a monorail ride away, with MAIN characters.. I like guaranteed face time with the headliners. Thanks guys. :mickey:

lettripp
04-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I haven't been there during the F&G festival, but we managed to walk in and get a seat on New Years Eve a couple years ago. Granted, I think we were UNBELIEVABLY lucky, but from my experience Garden Grille is not usually packed. I would try calling... sometimes the online reservation system can be finicky.

olivegirl
04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
We have been there for the F&G festival and we did not make 6 ADRs. We had no problem at all walking up and getting a table. The longest we waited was 15 mins or so. I do have to say that we would walk up right when lunch and dinner would start. I dont know if thats the key but it sure worked for us!!! :thumbsup:

Jillirose
04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Try walking up early - 4:30 - 5:00. It's worked for us. Another close alternative (walking distance) is Cape May at BC.

ransam
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
if you want to eat at a certain time, try to walk up a couple hours before and see if you can get dining time.

disneykid@hrt
04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys... I have heard many successful walk-up stories for Garden Grill. I also will try Chef Mickey's again. I really have my heart set on GG and have been spoiled in the past wih ADRs. I'll just keep swimming, swimming... oh, I mean trying. :blush:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Free dininig plan is probably impacting availability more so than the F&G Festival.

Keep checking online. I tried for over a month to get ressies and while I never did get an ADR for 1900 Park Fare or LeCellier, I did manage to snag Chef Mickey's and Ohana, both of which just happened to pop up for a couple hours or so on the website.

javamama
04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't think free dining is going on then...I'm going that time May 5-11th, we booked a few ADR's a couple of months ago. The only issue was LeCellier but that is always an issue...even CRT was open as of early March.

Magic Smiles
04-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think free dining is going on then...I'm going that time May 5-11th, we booked a few ADR's a couple of months ago. The only issue was LeCellier but that is always an issue...even CRT was open as of early March.
We are going 2 -18 May and had a pin for free dining. A co-worker of mine is going 9 - 19 May and they also had a pin for free dining. Seems to be lots of pins floating around for free dining for May. We had never done the dining plan but are trying it for this trip. We booked 25 Mar and managed to get 13 ADRs including Le Cellier and Garden Grill. Mind you I wasn't that picky as we haven't eaten at most places before and 12 out of the 13 are new to us.

Fastpasssteve
04-22-2011, 04:14 PM
One can walk-up and eat at the bar very easily. But keep calling every day. People's plans change all the time and reservations open up. Keep the faith.

disneykid@hrt
04-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Well in keeping with my magnetism towards Disney magic I finally got us ADR's for Garden Grill today!! We leave in 9 days and I was giving up hope of a guarantee... But alas, we will be meeting with Mickey for dinner,in a rotating restaurant, on the date and time I wanted. Never fails. I dont know what will happen when I dont get my ADR's... Ive been pretty spoiled thus far.

Just goes to show...Don't give up on your ADR's!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2011, 06:44 AM
:thumbsup: We enjoy GG too, and I'm really glad it worked out.

It is true, you have to keep trying and trying!