PDA

View Full Version : crowds right now?

Pat Ryan
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
We're in Cocoa Beach but are going over to Disney for Wed/Thurs. How are things right now? We're thinking Epcot Wed. and MK on Thursday...

WDWdriver
04-19-2011, 06:09 PM
The park hours will give you a clue. MK will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. both days with EMH from 7:00 to 8:00. It's going to be extremely crowded.

gardenia
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Second busiest week of the year, if you must know! With Easter coming up. Good luck!

Pat Ryan
04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
no live reports yet? I've heard with the late Easter it might not be quite as bad. I've used an iphone app with ride wait times and they don't look terrible (but are they accurate?).

We're heading back to Cocoa Beach on Thursday night for the rest of our vacation...

Pat Ryan
04-22-2011, 07:36 AM
We went on Wednesday (4/20) to Epcot and Thursday, 4/21 to DHS and then over to MK. It really was crowded, however we didn't miss any attractions or wait extra long over it.

On Wednesday we went to EPCOT in the AM and got a FP to Soarin' (for 5:54-6:54), however we were staying at the Dolphin so we went back to the hotel, went for a swim, had dinner and came back. Waits were short at JII and Capt. EO, also about 20 minutes at Maelstrom, walk on for the boat ride in Mexico. Ellen's Energy Adventure was down.

I thought Thursday would be worse than it was, most rides were 25 minute wait or less. MK was geared up for a full day. Waits when we got there (10:45a after going to DHS for Toy Story Mania first thing)... Pirates (10), HM (25, and the new queue and the changes inside are great), SRS (25), Tomorrowland Speedway (30-40), SGE (10), Jungle Cruise (25). COP was open. Got FP for Splash Mountain (standby was 100 minutes later in the day).

We really didn't feel the crowds impacted our 2 day visit at all (back in Cocoa Beach now the rest of the vacation). We found plenty of stuff to go on.

Everything