PDA

View Full Version : Tortuga Tavern

thesplashmountaineer
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
does anyone have tried the new Tortuga Tavern
counter service?

I know it was the El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante, but is it the same menu?

KylesMom
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Although we haven't tried it yet, Disney is touting it as a Mexican restaurant with fast taco salads and burritos. So while they may have tweeked the menu a bit, it appears that their standard offerings are pretty much the same. Hopefully it's been open recently & we can get a first-hand review of the name (and menu) change! :mickey:

Edited to add: MamaBruski just posted a brief mention in Day 2 of her trip reports - you may want to check it out!

floridamom
04-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Is this open seasonally like its predecessor, or year-round?

MyDisneyworld
04-21-2011, 09:06 AM
We try on every trip to eat at El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante but it's always closed. Hopefully with the name change it will be open more.

faline
04-21-2011, 09:18 AM
We try on every trip to eat at El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante but it's always closed. Hopefully with the name change it will be open more.

The only time we were able to eat at El Pirata was during a summer trip. I did notice the name change on my last trip (February) AND it was open!

TheVBs
04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
The only time we were able to eat at El Pirata was during a summer trip. I did notice the name change on my last trip (February) AND it was open!

We saw it open on only one of our trips, it was May.

Pirate Granny
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
We did eat there on our trip..first time it was open when we were there. Everyone enjoyed their food, and a great condiment bar also.