PDA

View Full Version : Pulled pork Sammies?? Pickles??

Mysttree
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I have a friend who raves about the pulled pork sandwich she ate in DL- New Orleans? area...
Is there anything comparable in DW??
We are traveling together this year & I'd like to help her find this.
Also she craves the big pickles she ate at DL...can we find those at DW as well?
Your input would be greatly appreciated!
TIA,

tundramom
04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I have on occasion seen the big dill pickles in the individual wrapped packages at some of the carts-especially the ones that sell fruit-definitely at the general store at the campground. Not sure about the pulled pork though...Funny aside, while at DHS with friends their 2 1/2 year old had a total melt down (30+ minutes)because there were no pickles for his hamburger... he had almost calmed down when Dad came back with relish..."look Noah, pickles in a packet!" melt down starts all over again:bang: Don't promise anything so you will not be left in this situation;)

KylesMom
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I know that Liberty Inn in Epcot's World Showcase has pulled pork sandwiches, and I believe Flametree BBQ in AK has them as well. At DHS, Fairfax Fare has the pulled pork, but honestly I am not certain where you could find a pickle. All of the above are counter service restaurants.

JPL
04-18-2011, 10:07 PM
I think Cosmic Rays has a Pulled Pork Sandwich in the MK and they do have Pickles on the Fixins bar. Not sure if they are the same as at DL or not.

retiredfigment
04-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Had a delicious pulled pork sandwich at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian.

VWL Mom
04-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Last summer, one of the stands in DHS on Sunset Blvd had fruit, carrots, & big pickles. It may have been the old Fairfax Fries but I'm not 100% sure, it is in that grouping though.

Stitch98
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
As far as pickles go, there used to be some at lierty square surving tent. You can find pulled pork at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge!:hmghost:

TheDuckRocks
04-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I have enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich at Pecos Bills at MK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Pulled pork sandwiches at Flametree

BrerGnat
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
The one she had at Disneyland was probably from River Belle Terrace. I've had that one too. It's not "real" pulled pork...the meat isn't smoked. So, at WDW, there are many counter service places that sell a similar pulled pork sandwich.

Flame Tree BBQ and Whispering Canyon Cafe are the only two places (that I know of) that sell REAL pulled pork; as in, smoked meat.

As for the pickles, the best chance of finding some like the ones at DL is to look at the various produce stands in the parks. Might find them there.

Mysttree
04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to say 'Thanks' to all of you for your input. I really appreciate it.

KatieDuck22
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Captain cooks has pulled pork?!? yayyyy:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Pulled pork has been covered above.
Pickles found at:
DAK - Harambe Fruit Market (Africa)
DHS - Anaheim Produce (Sunset Blvd)
MK - Liberty Square Market

I know of no locations in EPCOT selling pickles.

ElenitaB
04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I know of no locations in EPCOT selling pickles.
So you're saying that the Christmas tree ornaments sold in Germany, don't count, right? ;)

LudwigVonDrake
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Pulled pork sandwiches at the Flame Tree :tasty:

Tinkermom
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Pulled pork sandwiches at the Flame Tree :tasty:

Just had to add that these are AMAZING!! :thumbsup: We live in Kansas in the middle of BBQ country and I have to say the pulled pork sandwich at Flame Tree is one of the best I've ever had.