PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Mother's Day Mission!

TopsyTurvey89
04-18-2011, 08:15 PM
My family and I frequent WDW, so this mother's day, my first one away from home ( at college) I would really like to send my mom something from the parks as a gift.... she would love me forever :cloud9:

shes in her 40s, what should I buy? any ideas?

orrr are there any really special deals floating around?

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

elmjimmlm
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I know that there is something that I would love to have but have never purchased, a glass slipper from Arribas Bros. in DtD...There are different sizes ( and prices)...There is such a selection there of really unique items that I'm sure she would love...
link removed per TOS
I hope this helps:mickey:

TopsyTurvey89
04-18-2011, 11:13 PM
thanks! :thumbsup: cute Idea!

Anymore?

KylesMom
04-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I too had thought about Arribas Brothers - they have some wonderful Disney items to choose from, including engraved glasses and figurines.

Another thought would be a nicer set of Disney Jewelry, such as a necklace & matching pair of earrings, or an engraved Disney picture frame with a photo of your family placed inside. I'm sure your mom would like to have that front & center since this is your first year away from home! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi! I'm a Mom in my 40's, and we go to WDW often too! (Next trip in two days!!)
I am a fan of Disney jewelry. And when I wear it, I feel close to WDW, and if it came from one of my kids, I would think of them each and every time I wore it! Disney makes these earrings, small studs, in a variety of colors that come labeled by month, like birthstones. They are small and shaped like Mickey heads. I have them in every month because they are so adorable to wear everyday, you really would have to look to see that they are Mickey's, in other words, they are not tacky. Just super cute. Affordable too, I believe under $15.00 per pair, maybe even less than that. Maybe get her a pair in YOUR birthstone color so she thinks of you each time she wears them...I love that idea, and they are exclusive to Disney parks.
Thats my favorite idea, if you are looking for more, write a post and I will think of more. I love picking out gifts and I'm your Moms age!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I too am a mom who loves WDW and anything from my children would be special. I love the jewelry idea. I seem to buy a few jewelry pieces on every trip. Another idea is a snowglobe. One of my favorite things from the parks is a Cinderella Castle snowglobe. I have it on my nightstand in my bedroom and I often wind it up and listen to "A dream is a wish your heart makes" before going to bed. This snowglobe was given to me by my mom on one of our trips. She got it for me to thank me for including her on our trips to WDW. I hope you can find that perfect something for her!