PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Switching Resorts Question

Juicy1122
04-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I am not sure where to post this so please move it if it is in the wrong place.

I just wanted to get some ideas on what other people would decide to do, so I can think of all our options.

My husband and I are going to Disney World in Oct for a week. We have already booked a week at the Beach Club. We still have about 42 points left for DVC that if we do not use this year we will lose. We were thinking of taking 2 nights at the beginning of the week or at the end of the week and staying at a DVC hotel. This would save us some money since we would stay fewer nights on the Beach Club package.

Does this plan seem to be feasible or does it seem like it will be complicated to do? I have never done a split stay before so I am not sure if it will be a pain to move everything to a new hotel.

Also regarding tickets and room keys, if we stayed at the Beach Club first and had our park tickets on the room key, would it be hard to get that changed over to the new key card at the new hotel?

I’m sure I am making this more complicated then it needs to be, but I just want to make sure it won’t cause us any hassle in the middle of our vacation.

Thank you so much!!

BayLaker25
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow who asks a question like this? haha sorry had to mess with you, but yes can someone please help us on this question. :mickey:

teamblackwell
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Personally, I would do the 2 day at the begining of the trip. So that your not yet to comfortable in your surounding, before you have to uproot yourselves. After that, the transfer sounds easy.

hokies4life
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Doing it at the beginning of the trip does sound better than the end, so you don't get too settled in. As far as moving bags if you aren't driving or even if you are and just don't want to do it yourself, Disney will transfer your bags for you from hotel to hotel. It just might take a little while. But you could pack the bags, drop them off, then head to a park and by the time you get over to Beach Club you can get your bags and check in to your room.

I've heard mixed reports about transferring tickets to new cards during split stays. But if all else fails you would just have to carry the two keys and make sure you keep track of them.