PDA

View Full Version : TV/video inputs in Deluxe resorts (WL in particular)

gallifreyan
04-17-2011, 11:19 PM
An acquaintence told me that the vacation club suites have televisions with HDMI inputs. I'm looking forward to a non-club stay at Wilderness Lodge and I'm wondering what sort of inputs those TVs have for hooking up to a video player of some sort (like AppleTV or my hdmi laptop).

Have any of you been there recently and know what model or specs the TVs are?

I know we'll be out of the room experiencing things most of the time, but when you've got 20 years worth of kids split into 3, they'll wear down eventually (or at least we older folks hope so). :)

DizneyRox
04-18-2011, 07:52 AM
As you mentioned, as the DVC rooms are being refurbed, they are making a switch to more recent technology. The in house video distribution system seems to be digital capable.

Unfortuantely, this doesn't answer your question, as the non DVC rooms are on a totally different schedule for refurbs. I don't recall hearing anything about WL room being refurbed recently. I do remember a time when a lot of the furniture was being offerend on eBay, but I seem to think that was before digital was all the rage. I doubt they were upgraded at the time.

You can easily call the front desk and ask if the TVs are LCD flat panels or normal CRTs. That would be your answer right there. The TVs on the walls are on a swing arm and the inputs are accessible.

Figment104
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm almost 100% positive that when the did the room upgrades around 2007 (might be wrong on the year) that this included flat screen TV's. I know is some of my pics of the room at the WL that I got a shot of the TV but I can't access those at the moment. I'll check later tonight when I get home to make sure. Not sure if that answers your question (the fact that they are a flat screen/panel).

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm almost 100% positive that when the did the room upgrades around 2007 (might be wrong on the year) that this included flat screen TV's.

1) The rehab was 2006.
2) There are flat screens, but not with HDMI.
3) The new TV's are equipped that way.
4) But, not all rooms are rehabbed yet.

gallifreyan
05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
So I'm back from my week at Wilderness Lodge.

My brother's room and my room both had LCD TVs with side speakers built in. Different brands, interestingly enough.

No visible HDMI although I didn't move the dresser out to look--probably had it in the back.
We did have composite/RCA audio in on the front. These were third floor, pool view, on the side with Roaring Fork.