PDA

View Full Version : Help! Fantasmic pkg - completely confused!

TheVBs
04-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Ok, here's the thing.... I booked our ADRs at the 180 mark, no problems. A few days later, we decided we'd like to try a Fantasmic package. There's one night we could do this on our trip in early Oct. I checked online, the dates were grayed out. I called and was told that the packages haven't been announced that far out yet. Then I see here that someone has booked the package close to that date. So I call back and I'm told that the packages are available to book at the 180 mark, but they're all sold out. Ok, no problem, I'll keep trying back. I then spot that another member here has gotten the package for the date in Oct., so thought I'd try calling again. Third call and I'm told the package isn't available that far out and that she's sure of it because all of the restaurants have availability that day, which wouldn't be the case if the packages were available. Of course, my thought was that it was possible the packages were sold out but not the restaurants.

Soooo....... can anyone help me understand what might be going on here? Obviously I'll keep checking online and keep calling. If we don't book the package, it's certainly not going to ruin our trip, but it would be great to make it happen. Any insight on what's going on here would be very much appreciated!! :confused: Thanks!

KylesMom
04-17-2011, 09:43 AM
It's the computer system. If you've checked the calendar & it shows that Fantasmic! is being held that particular night, try manually typing in the date instead of clicking on the greyed out date.

I was told the same myriad of things when I went to book for our July trip, and tried manually typing in the date instead of clicking on it. Needless to say, I was successful in booking the day we wanted at Mama Melrose.

Basket Mommy
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
I have no clue, but in my experience, you're better off without the Fantasmic package. I've gotten better seats when I've just wandered into Fantasmic without the package, and you don't have to walk as far to get into the stadium if you go through the general (non-ticketed) entrance. We just do counter service and walk in about 20 minutes before the show starts. In my opinion, the package is not worth it.

SoundQ SVT
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I was able to book a Fantasmic dinner package for Oct 9 on Monday April 11 (my 180 day threshold). Depending who you talk to you may need to specifically ask them to look earlier or later to find an opening.

TheVBs
04-18-2011, 09:01 PM
It's the computer system. If you've checked the calendar & it shows that Fantasmic! is being held that particular night, try manually typing in the date instead of clicking on the greyed out date.

I was told the same myriad of things when I went to book for our July trip, and tried manually typing in the date instead of clicking on it. Needless to say, I was successful in booking the day we wanted at Mama Melrose.

Thank you so much for that tip! It looks like the date is actually booked up, but I was able to try other dates in Oct. with success, so at least I know it's available that far out. I can just keep checking our date.

TheVBs
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I have no clue, but in my experience, you're better off without the Fantasmic package. I've gotten better seats when I've just wandered into Fantasmic without the package, and you don't have to walk as far to get into the stadium if you go through the general (non-ticketed) entrance. We just do counter service and walk in about 20 minutes before the show starts. In my opinion, the package is not worth it.

Wow! If you can do that and still get a seat, we probably will pass on the package. We're happy to sit anywhere. We haven't seen Fantasmic before. We'd like to this time, but it's not on our must do list for this trip. So, if we miss out it won't be a big deal.

TheVBs
04-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I was able to book a Fantasmic dinner package for Oct 9 on Monday April 11 (my 180 day threshold). Depending who you talk to you may need to specifically ask them to look earlier or later to find an opening.

Thank you for letting me know that! At least it shows that the package is open that far out. I actually didn't specify a time or restaurant, we're completely open. So I'm assuming it must just be booked up for the day we want.