PDA

View Full Version : My great idea

xo0ally
04-16-2011, 08:52 PM
While at target the other day i found water bottles that have a filter built in. I had a good idea to buy these and bring them to Disney with us and use them. Since water is super expensive it would be such a money saver to buy these water bottles and fill them up at the water fountains. I thought I'd share my idea with you all so hopefully you all can save $$ on an already costly trip.

mdhiggin
04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
We do something similar. We bring our Brita filtered pitcher with us to filter the water in our hotel. We just keep it in the fridge at our villa and we drink it in the hotel room and usually take a couple of bottles filled with the filtered water into the park.

Pop Centurion
04-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I believe this has been discussed already. You're talking about the Bobble bottle's right? A few people did say they helped take away the strong sulfur taste of WDW's water.

DisneyorBust
04-17-2011, 09:37 AM
We like to use the Brita water bottles in the parks. The filters really work well, eliminating the sulphur taste from the water.
To the OP, great reminder!

erickahome
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
If you are a Costco member it is my understanding that they will ship to your Disney hotel. So you could purchase water and snacks and have them delivered and waiting for you!

lindique
04-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I have been using the Brita water bottles for years - and they work great to eliminate the "Florida Water" taste! They have just started selling them again at Target.

LudwigVonDrake
04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
If you also let ice cubes from the ice machines melt you have fresh water. The water used for the cubes is filtered :mickey:

Jillirose
04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
If you also let ice cubes from the ice machines melt you have fresh water. The water used for the cubes is filtered :mickey:

Nice to know!

AXOAlum
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
If you are a Costco member it is my understanding that they will ship to your Disney hotel. So you could purchase water and snacks and have them delivered and waiting for you!

Wonder how long before WDW starts charging for this type of service! lol

These water bottles sound interesting - how much do they cost approximately? :mickey:

cspenc28
04-25-2011, 07:09 AM
While at target the other day i found water bottles that have a filter built in. I had a good idea to buy these and bring them to Disney with us and use them. Since water is super expensive it would be such a money saver to buy these water bottles and fill them up at the water fountains. I thought I'd share my idea with you all so hopefully you all can save $$ on an already costly trip.

We did this last September for our Honeymoon. The bottles were about $15, I can't remember exactly, as my Aunt bought them as a shower gift for us.

TikiGoddess
04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
You can also get water at any counter service location. They will give you (for free!) a huge cup of water with ice... and it tastes fine.

Kathy