PDA

View Full Version : Dhs?

Kathy Jetson
04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Do they do an opening ceremony at DHS? I've never been there at park opening.

Awesome_guy
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
A few weeks ago there was a bit of an opening "show". It wasn't terribly complex, but a few good-humoured Hollywood characters came out with microphones for a few minutes at rope-drop.

While the opening show isn't worth an early visit in itself, probably... getting to TSM bright and early is; the "show" was a nice bonus!

=),

Altair
04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
One of the movie directors, such as Otto von Bonbon, comes out to 'direct" a new picture and all the quests are in it. It's a very short opening skit.:mickey:

ransam
04-17-2011, 04:15 PM
it was cute...but the main reason to get to HS early is to get to the toy story ride, and get a fast pass!

HoosierDisneyFan
04-17-2011, 05:23 PM
When my son & I were at DHS last, two geese flew from behind us towards the Sorcerer's Hat during the opening show. The Director said "cue the birds" right when the geese passed. It was very funny.

Gator
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
The only openning I've ever made was at DHS. I liked it. The director was funny and got the crowd really into it. "Paige Turner" was also very funny. Ran into her later that day as she was parading around with her Miss Cow Patty trophy.

Kathy Jetson
04-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Thank you everyone! I'm going to do my best to be there at park opening in June.